IIHF 2008 World Championships Uniforms

-Helix-

The new Team Canada jerseys should be unvailed by the end of the month. All I will say is expect something similar in style to what the Coyotes currently wear WITH a hem stripe...

They were supposed to be out already, and a few random stores do have them, but Nike made things very difficult on the merchants with ridiculous minimum quantities, etc, so most stores will not even carry them until mid summer. The US, Swiss, Swedish and Finnish teams used their's in the World Womens Championship in China. All other countries are waiting until the men's Worlds next month in Halifax/Quebec City. For the most part it's just minor tweaks on the old swift jerseys.

pics:

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-wo...p/pictures.html

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new Team Canada jerseys should be unvailed by the end of the month. All I will say is expect something similar in style to what the Coyotes currently wear WITH a hem stripe...

They were supposed to be out already, and a few random stores do have them, but Nike made things very difficult on the merchants with ridiculous minimum quantities, etc, so most stores will not even carry them until mid summer. The US, Swiss, Swedish and Finnish teams used their's in the World Womens Championship in China. All other countries are waiting until the men's Worlds next month in Halifax/Quebec City. For the most part it's just minor tweaks on the old swift jerseys.

pics:

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-wo...p/pictures.html

Trust me, Canada has done more than a 'mere' tweek. In those pics I do not see anything different about Finland or Sweden, so I don't know what you are talking about. They look like the same old Swift jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Trust me, Canada has done more than a 'mere' tweek. In those pics I do not see anything different about Finland or Sweden, so I don't know what you are talking about. They look like the same old Swift jerseys.

I know, I've heard about Canada's horizontal stripes, etc. I was just commenting on the majority of what I've seen so far. Sweden has removed the smaller curved stripes on the sides and gone with a straight blue or yellow line down the side, much like Canada had. Finland simply changed the colour of the curved stripes from silver/beige (depending on whether it's a replica or authentic) to blue and white. All countries now have solid colour collars, instead of the euro's having silver fronts.

As for Nike's elitist attitude, it's no wonder they didn't make enough money on their hockey ops with that way of business thinking. The five or so merchants I talked to are all pretty pissed off and will carry a lot less Nike merchandise over all because of it. I also wonder what it does in regard to getting jerseys from the smaller market national teams. I found it impossible to find any from outside the elite 7 hockey nations in major stores last time, they were only in the mom and pop shops.

EDIT: I talked to someone at the hockey hall of fame, and he said that the new jerseys (well, at least Canada) will only be available after the team unveils them at a press conference on April 24th, the day they open training camp.

Archived