IIHF 2008 World Championships Uniforms

-Helix-

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image23.jpg

Wow... the Moose took a great jersey and took a big, steamy dump on it. The shoulder logos, Toyota logo and numbering is all wrong (well, they never had numbers on the sleves and I don't think that was the font that was on the back). There are many problems with that jersey... such a shame.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

image23.jpg

Wow... the Moose took a great jersey and took a big, steamy dump on it. The shoulder logos, Toyota logo and numbering is all wrong (well, they never had numbers on the sleves and I don't think that was the font that was on the back). There are many problems with that jersey... such a shame.

I know that the American Hockey League requires jerseys to have sleeve numbers. When the Rochester Americans wore their striped "Flag Jerseys" in conjunction with their 40th Anniversay in 1996 they had sleeve numbers. When I called them to remind them that the original Amerk jerseys had a shield-shaped patch with an "R" inside it I was informed that yes, they knew that but a league directive told them they HAD to use sleeve numbers. So they put numbers in the shield instead of the "R." And all jerseys carry a logo for a sponsor of some sort. Again, league rules say if you take the bucks you've got to advertise. So don't be too hard on the Moose for following league orders. :blink:

It looks weird that they have the moose colored gloves.

Guess they couldn't dish out the extra cash for some blue gloves.

Give the Moose credit for shelling out for the navy blue pants, which aren't part of their regular uniforms. That's one up on what some NHL teams would do for their specialty/alternate uniforms *cough*Sabres*cough*

And Neon, that's some mighty fine unwarranted bitching about these on your part.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Someone smarter than me can clarify, but is there anything weird about Russia wearing USSR jerseys? It's a different country, no?

The IIHF named Russia the successor of the USSR's history and accomplishments. Therefore all the medals won by the USSR count as Russian wins. Russia was also allowed to take the USSR's place in the elite division from the start. Whereas other former Soviet Republics had to work their way up from the bottom division.

glad to see them bringing back the old half-leaf jerseys...my fav TC jerseys of all time...now maybe i can get my hands on one and slap Fuhr 31 on it...id do Neely but he was a last minute cut from the '87 team :cry: damn Keenan lol

GO GIANTS GO!!!

giants-1.png

mia Marek Schwarz

THANK YOU TREVOR!

linden.png

will team canada be wearing blue pants with their jerseys?

Why would they? The 76 uniforms had black pants with a wide white stripe.

yeah, but with that exact same jersey they also wore blue pants, which I prefer to the black pants. Chances are they'll wear black pants with no stripes, but that would be awesome to see them in these blue pants.

mulletmario3kr3.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Are these gonna be available for purchase? Id love to get my hands on a Mike Richards Canada Cup Throwback.

I see Flyer fans are already preparing for a first round exit.

Yea unlike all of the homers on this board, I have this thing called a sense of reality. I dont feed you all the same crap everyone else does: "OMFG SABRES RULEEEE YEAAAAA, EFF EVERYONE ELSE SCORRRRRRE!!!!!!"

This isnt the year, nor will I pretend it is. Anything this team does in the playoffs is gravy. Im just gonna enjoy it all, maybe make a decent run with a full healthy team, and then watch us buy some quality talent in the offseason and make a few nice runs in the coming years. I love not being stuck in mediocrity.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Question is... why do the teams have to wear that stupid VINTAGE 1960 (or whatever year) logo on their sleeves?

I agree, it looks out of place and serves no purpose.

And hopefully Belarus will come up with something more appealing or at least vintage looking.

I'm also concerned that to keep costs down they'll simply get these vintage jerseys dye sublimated on cheap polyester instead of sewn from quality materials. I doubt they'll sell them too , though I certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few.

Id love to get my hands on a Mike Richards Canada Cup Throwback.

Me too! It would go great with my Team Canada 2005 Mike Richards jersey when the Kenora Boy lead Canada to it's first WJHC in 7 years.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

And Neon, that's some mighty fine unwarranted bitching about these on your part.

I feel I have a right to because they have reproduced I jersey I absolutely love incorrectly, and it kind of pisses me off. I'm sure you would feel the same if some team reproduced a retro jersey you have always enjoyed seeing pictures of and when they do it, they stick a big ol' Toyota logo on the front and some out of place logos on the shoulders.

I'd be happier without those god awful Moose shoulder logos they had to stick on (I don't hate the logo, I just think it doesn't belong on there and looks weird). I just hoped that when they decided to remake these jerseys it would have been done a little better...

And please, I have every right to be upset with somethings execution. Its how I feel and I have every right to express it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I saw a photo of the original 1956 CCCP jersey in the IIHF 100th Anniversary book and flipped out at how cool it was. Right away I thought how much I would love one of those. Then literally two weeks later they bring it back with this throwback program! :woot:

I'm really interested to see what Germany's looks like lettered and numbered to see if they will add some more color to it, or just go with white numbers.

Switzerland is just too cool and classy for words. As long as they don't make these as some sort of Nike Swift template, I'm going to have a hard time containing myself from getting a LOT of new jerseys.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• 4 weeks later...

The new Team Canada jerseys should be unvailed by the end of the month. All I will say is expect something similar in style to what the Coyotes currently wear WITH a hem stripe...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived