The Sporting News: "Trip to Florida Needs to End"

rmackman

A team in Winnipeg would liven up the scene and economy in Manitoba

i don't know just my opinion.

It would create jobs... but they would also have to build a new, bigger arena...

Which won't happen, cuz they just built a new, smaller arena....

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Figure it out Bettman most people in the south don't care about hockey put a team back in Winnipeg where they adore hockey,

Oh Lawd, here we go.

Winnipeg is in no shape or form economically ready to hold a NHL team. Yes, there's no doubt that they have fan support...but they don't have the economic support for it.

To our credit, economically Winnipeg is in a lot better shape even today than it was two years ago when Lammy left (correlation? you make the call...) and all the talk about Winnipeg returning to the NHL scene was at its highest. A lot of that has to do with the dollar at par - going from 65 cents to 100 cents adds 50% to your revenue without even doing anything to earn it - but a lot also has to do with a hot housing market, increased immigration, and living in a resource-rich (if not oil-rich) part of the world.

That said, Winnipeg in the NHL in the next 5 years is admittedly a long shot. I don't know, maybe the '10 World Juniors will change some minds, but for now, I'm not expecting much. My hockey heart and mind, as is the case with many Winnipeggers, has never been captured by the Moose and will lie dormant until the day when the Jets fly again. (If that's means it never happens, that's just the way it will be.)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I would hate to see the Florida Panthers leave the NHL. Who else can teams get easy points from if they leave, apart from the Lightning of course. The Panthers MUST remain so teams can pad their points totals to help their seedings in the playoffs. Every league needs a whipping team... and it seems like Florida holds most of them... the Rays... the Heat... the Dolphins...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I would hate to see the Florida Panthers leave the NHL. Who else can teams get easy points from if they leave, apart from the Lightning of course. The Panthers MUST remain so teams can pad their points totals to help their seedings in the playoffs. Every league needs a whipping team... and it seems like Florida holds most of them... the Rays... the Heat... the Dolphins...

...don't forget the Leafs...oh wait--you said FLORIDA... :P

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

First, getting rid of the Panthers wouldn't end the trip to Florida, because we'd still have the Lightning. Last time I checked, Tampa was still part of Florida.

Second, if the Panthers, Preds and Coyotes are really in that bad a shape, they should not be relocated, they should be contracted. (I'd add the Thrashers to that list too.)

CCSLC signature.png

Archived