American Leadership Academy (Spanish Fork, UT)

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

It's been a while since I've posted a concept here. I thought I might crank something out to show you guys. As many may know, I attend American Leadership Academy in Spanish Fork, Utah. They are only a 3-year old school and obviously very young. Some of you may recognize this school as I have done a football concept for them a while back (which wasn't looked at). I am not fully impressed with thier current identity however. I currentlyu play on thier baseball team, and I must say I am very disapointed in the uniforms. None of the templates really match at all, and neither does the initial design. Basketball is a mess, football as well, and soccer is just bland. But for the actual indentity, that's what kills me. Thier current logo is one I never have liked, and is a mixture of about 7 different colors, only one of which they ever use (red). It looks liek the logo of a top-notch elementary school at best.

CURRENT ALA logo:

ALA_Mascot.gif

And, thier identity doesnt really fit with what the school is about. The "Americana" effect, if you will, is quite lacking in thier current identity. Thier basketball uniforms are the closest thing to American (a rip-off of the 1970's 76ers unis with the stars down the side), but even still, it looks cluttered and messy. My idea here was to "Team USA-itize" my school, so that the Americana effect really would show in thier identity. Thier mascot is the eagle, so I went with the old-school meets modern type of Team USA look using the posed eagle that shows up on alot of different seals and crests and stuff, but just made in my way. Well enough of me jabbering. Enjoy!

NOTE: I do not have uniform concepts as of yet. They will come soon.

Primary:

l_a12df8acf90f09f35fd9e47f091ec673.png

Alternate (shown in different color backgrounds):

l_3720884defd7687885c4e3e8d69ef444.png

Alternate 2:

l_8a57629a1c01a6db05b76ed263b75bc6.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Current logo was taken from the Northern Eagles (defunct merger attempt) in the National Rugby League:

NorthernEagles.gif

As for your logos. I like the LA Dodgers style wordmark and the eagle looks pretty good too. I would probably look to put a little inverted notch where the wings meet the tail to differentiate the wings and body and give the tail the appearance of having more length. Otherwise, good stuff.

sig.png

The eagle looks a little lopsided, but that could just be me.

Nope, not just you. The left wing is definitely higher than the right wing, and the tail is a little off-centre as well. The star in the middle's a bit wonky too. Try drawing one half of the eagle's body and getting it exactly how you want it, then copy it, paste it, flip it and attach it to the first half. That way, it will be more symmetrical.

I would move the eagle up so that it's tail in fully within the shield. Right now, there's just a bunch of dead space above its head. As well, with the lettering at the top, either do it "A.L.A.", with periods after every letter, or "ALA", with no periods at all. This "A.L.A" business is a hybrid of the two that is incorrect and annoys people like me to no end. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived