Cook Island Convicts logo

JJSCOTT

This is one of my first attempts at a logo design... It's for the team I am on in Goal Line Blitz :)

Looking for some feedback... I thought about adding some orange to go with the theme as an accent color but it seemed to just stand out too much and take away from everything else. also thought about adding a scar to the face (make him a lil more mean looking) think i should keep the grays for the skin or use a more flesh tone color? maybe a blue shade for the skin?

I am usually just an illustrator so I don't work much with font which is the part i am least sure about. love to hear suggestions and feedback... good or bad. like i said this is one of the first logo design things i have done so ya don't learn unless somebody tells ya what is wrong.

COOKISLANDCONVICTS.jpg

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

really nice - left hand (holding the chain) is a little too angular and the logo itself is too vertical...losing some of the torso would help this - i'm also not sure about the football being the only brown element in the logo - i like the effect on the "convicts" wordmark, but the gray outline is very inconsistent in weight, especially on the s and c...maybe this was intentional, though

jldesigns404eo.png

thanks guys!

i wasn't sure about the brown football either but didn't really wanna make it gray so i figured i would just make it like a dingy brown. I see what you all are sayin about it being too vertical... I am gonna go in and play with it a lil I though about chaning up the torso making him look a lil thicker. I put the C on the ball and chain cause I am gonna do up some type of ball and chain with the C for the secondary logo... so I wanted to incorporate it into the main logo too, dunno if that makes a difference on whether I should keep it or not?

you guys think using the black white are gray is ok or should i add a lil more color to it?

I see what you sayin bout the position of the chain on the ball side... i will move it up some... I cut the length of the torso down and made it a lil thicker... I actually like it better now so thanks for the input guys!

COOKISLANDCONVICTS-1.jpg

Awesome. I like the brown football, it makes it look like the black&white was intentional, as opposed to just a filter... unlike say this: http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=n6eqjepv0fgezfw10sbieae7y

With the brown football, its like... hey, this guy really is just a cold looking grey dude in the real world of brown footballs. I think its very well done.

For the font... you have some spacing issues between letters in convicts. NVI seem almost on top of eachother, and CTS are in different time zones lol. Also, I think you might want to have consistency in fonts. the Cook Island is stencil-ish, while Convicts and the C is something else, and the ball&chain C is shorter than the C in convicts. I fear the stencil won't re-size well, so try making the entire thing the same font as the ball&chain C -- (that would help the too vertical issue as well)

I'd love to see you do more with the blocking in of the script also. Maybe Convicts should be enclosed with Cook Island (maybe make the entire blocking in look like a big jail or something. That would give you a solid workmark/secondary logo if you take the grey dude out later on.

Just making my own nit pick suggestions. I think its an amazing job. looking forward to seeing ball&chain secondary.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived