Remember when....

Brass

My favs will always be Scott Hall/Razor Ramon and Chris Benoit. I also had the unfortunate oppritunity to be at Kemper Arena the night Owen Hart died. We all thought it was part of the show. Those bastards at the WWF never let us know that he died. I didn't find out till the next day. I'm kinda bitter about that. I knew it was real when Lawler ran out there. I was pretty upset the following day. Owen was a great wrestler.

I was never what you would call an active WWF fan but I do remember getting a kick out of Kamala the Ugandan Giant.  He was on Vince McMahon's talk show one evening and was going to eat a live chicken onstage to "honor" his host.  Vince pleaded with him not to do it and then the screen went to static and then a "technical difficulties" sign.  When it came back about 30 seconds later, Kamala is sitting back on the couch with feathers stuck all over his face and chest with a very satisfied look on his face.  Vince said something like "I can't believe what has just happened here."  It was so phony it had me laughing hard enough to nearly trigger a bladder-related event.

As for my brushes with wrestling greatness - I used to do legal work for the wife of wrestler Harley Race - she was the director of recovery operations (collections) for a large bank in Kansas City and I was one of the collection litigators assigned to her accounts.  Also, I went out a couple of times with the grandaughter of the legendary old time wrestling promoter Sam Muchnik.

My favs will always be Scott Hall/Razor Ramon and Chris Benoit. I also had the unfortunate oppritunity to be at Kemper Arena the night Owen Hart died. We all thought it was part of the show. Those bastards at the WWF never let us know that he died. I didn't find out till the next day. I'm kinda bitter about that. I knew it was real when Lawler ran out there. I was pretty upset the following day. Owen was a great wrestler.

Is there anything else you could tell us about the Owen incident?  Like did you see him fall?  What was the crowd reaction?  Where were you?   and so on...

Owen was my favourite wrestler since he entered the federation, that one stung really bad.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is there anything else you could tell us about the Owen incident? Like did you see him fall? What was the crowd reaction? Where were you? and so on...

Owen was my favourite wrestler since he entered the federation, that one stung really bad.

Well of course he was acting as the Blue Blazer, so we expected a "Wild" entrence. So it was in between matches and it was quite for a few minutes...then all of a sudden we saw this "Body" fall from the rafters. We all thought it was a dummy at first, but then i noticed the head moving as the body slumped beneath the turnbuckle. Then Jerry Lawler came running out and i knew something went wrong. Like i previously said, there was no announcement in the Arena about the incident. I think that was very poor taste from Vince.

BTW, i was in the upper deck of Kemper. LOGOSOHGOD was there with me, he might have more too add.

I think one day people will look back at that incedent as the end of teh wild era in Wrestling at the time it seemed that it was what can we do next to push the envelope and since they have taken far less chnaces.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is there anything else you could tell us about the Owen incident? Like did you see him fall? What was the crowd reaction? Where were you? and so on...

Well of course he was acting as the Blue Blazer, so we expected a "Wild" entrence. So it was in between matches and it was quite for a few minutes...then all of a sudden we saw this "Body" fall from the rafters. We all thought it was a dummy at first, but then i noticed the head moving as the body slumped beneath the turnbuckle. Then Jerry Lawler came running out and i knew something went wrong. Like i previously said, there was no announcement in the Arena about the incident. I think that was very poor taste from Vince.

BTW, i was in the upper deck of Kemper. LOGOSOHGOD was there with me, he might have more too add.

The only thing I have from that Show, was when he was in the ring laying there, I took a Picture and in the picture you can see him just laying there, it's not a close-up but you tell it's him laying there.

At lease we was there, where was St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Green Bay, Tenn, Seahawks, Denver, Indy, and the Ravenspantherplayoff.jpg

Archived