Carolina Loggerheads Logo Concept

Cola

Its been awhile since I've sat down and did a logo for fun or even a sports logo at that...my scanner has been broken and I usually like to sketch my logos and then clean them up before I vector them in Illustrator. I'm not fully satisfied with this logo...seems something is missing from it, it just doesn't look complete to me.

Once I get the logo right, I'm gonna come with some secondary logos and some uniforms (not sure whether baseball or football yet) but I'd appreciate any C&C to help out.

Loggerheads.jpg

This looks very nice, the only thing I'd suggest is using a different shade of blue for the shell, or a darker shade of green.

Right now, the colors don't flow well enough IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

not a bad start...the highlights are off, though - the light source would have to be below the turtle for highlights to be located where they are - the spots are also a bit over the top for me...tone those down a bit - maybe you could use a lighter or darker shade of your main green and use the "gold" for the shell, because the blue isn't working for me either - it also seems like it's missing it's back right flipper

jldesigns404eo.png

I really like what is going on here-

Suggestions:

-Different color scheme. The light blue shell just is not working here.

-From the viewer's angle, it seems that if we can see the turtle's tail, that we should also be able to see the back right leg, which is totally missing.

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

i agree that the lighting is off. his left flipper has a highlight on the backside of it, which would make the lightsource underneath him.

the more that i look at his head, the more i think that we should be able to see his other nostril (maybe its being covered by the lighting?) see maryland:

md-logo-150.jpg

also, if you look at marylands, the terp has "neckrolls" which yours doesnt. it doesnt appear that your turtles head can contract into its body.

i agree that he needs a back leg, and tone down the spots because as of now he looks kind of...well...camo.

i think this is going to be a very cool concept if you just touch him up a bit. i would really like to see this expanded.

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

also, if you look at marylands, the terp has "neckrolls" which yours doesnt. it doesnt appear that your turtles head can contract into its body.
the head of a sea turtle (which would encompass the loggerhead variety) does not contract in the same way that a land turtle's does...i don't think you need to change that aspect

looking at this again today, though, reminds me that you should apply some counter-shading - most pelagic animals are primarily white or lighter shaded on the bottom portion of their body - this counter shading allows them to be camoflauged to predators below them as they will better blend with the rays of light coming from above

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived