All-Star Roster Projections

WJMorris3

Dustin Pedroia getting the start over Ian Kinsler and Varitek over Mauer (if it finishes as is) might be the biggest argument against fan voting I can remember in a few years.

Players are always getting snubbed in All-Star voting. This year appears to be no exception as we've got a decent amount of Cubs and Red Sox leading in votes who don't even deserve to make the team as reserves (Soriano, Fukudome, Pedroia, Varitek and maybe even Ortiz). I suppose that is just the nature of fan voting though. One half of the fans will vote on players who are having the best season, the other half simply cast votes for their favorite players, as they do for Jeter and Ichiro year-in and year-out.

But afterall, better it be Boston and Chicago players slipping into the All-Star Game opposed to a slew of undeserving Yankees. :P

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current National League 2B standings:

1. C. Utley (PHI) 1,743,548

2. M. DeRosa (CHC) 782,485

3. K. Matsui (HOU) 632,232

4. D. Uggla (FLA) 486,680

5. R. Weeks (MIL) 438,589

:blink:

Are people just not watching??...

6uXNWAo.png

Current National League 2B standings:

1. C. Utley (PHI) 1,743,548

2. M. DeRosa (CHC) 782,485

3. K. Matsui (HOU) 632,232

4. D. Uggla (FLA) 486,680

5. R. Weeks (MIL) 438,589

:blink:

Are people just not watching??...

If you're emphasizing that Dan Uggla should have more, I'd suggest that the low attendance at Marlins games is a reason why he's not doing better. Look at how many Red Sox and Cubs are up there; they get big crowds and have played a lot of home games, thus drawing more punch-ballots from stadium attendees.

Archived