Anaheim (LA) Angels

gingerbreadmann

So wow, it's been a hell of a long time since I have made a concept.

Here we have the Anaheim Angels, as I still call them. I was remembering their late-90's identity (with the pinstriped homes -- you know) and how the blue has almost completely disappeared from their identity. I love blue, and with the influx of red alts (including the Angels', which is my least favorite), I thought that these guys really need a blue uniform.

So voila, here we have it. I decided to go vest so the uni wouldn't be completely devoid of red -- that would make the pundits unhappy. In addition, I used the "A" from the "ANGELS" wordmark because I like it better and it reminds me more of those Mo Vaughn-era jerseys. I certainly think it can hold its own. I also tried to feature the silver more cause it is in the logo. I used it as an accent piping in the pants and the holey-thingies in the hats. I think this might also work with the button-line piping being silver as well but I kept it red for now. I also think this jersey would work in gray pants, with the three main colors (interchange white/gray) as the piping, and could therefore be used at home or on the road. Anyway, tell me what you all think.

jersey.png

Thanks to Sgoalie19 for the template!

I'm sorry, but the last thing that the Angels should ever do is bring back the dark ages that was the Disney/Mo Vaughn era. I'm not feeling the dark/dark vest, and the slanted A doesn't look right at all. Additionally, the shadow of the A looks too much like the Disney powder than the current gray.

VmWIn6B.png

I'm sorry, but the last thing that the Angels should ever do is bring back the dark ages that was the Disney/Mo Vaughn era. I'm not feeling the dark/dark vest, and the slanted A doesn't look right at all. Additionally, the shadow of the A looks too much like the Disney powder than the current gray.

Well thanks for your feedback. All I can say is that I'm not using anything from the Vaughn era; all the logos and colors and such are actually from this era. And all the colors are from the official files. Sorry you don't like it, and thanks for your feedback.

Maybe I should lighten up the red?

I like where you are going with it, but I do not like the slanted A. My suggestion would be to use the cap A they currently have, and switch the A and the number on the front. I do like your idea though.

No red and blue please I'm tired of these colors in sports showing up so much. Think Cleveland Atlanta Boston Washington Minnesota etc

I see what you mean, but those are already their colors and I'm just making a new uni.

I think this concept is really cool. The only change that I would make would be to use the basic straight A on the hat, not the curved one. Otherwise, I think that blue would be a really cool alternate look.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

I appreciate the idea of doing something different, but I'm not a big fan of this. I think fixing the type on the blood clot jerseys make more sense. But as far as this concept goes, here's my suggestions:

-Not feelin' the vest. It reminds me too much of the Mo Vaughn era. Try using the current style of trim.

-As was stated, the slanted A looks awkward. I would say put the city name on, but the Angels made that impossibly complex.

-I really, think a single outline would look better than the double outline on the numerals. Or use a similar style of outline to that of the A.

Hope that helps.

Archived