trying to get it all started

mcrosby

I don't hate the font, but for me it gives off a "pretend professional" feel, if that makes sense. Also, when you do find the right font, you're going to want to work on your typesetting and kerning. Right now there's spacing issues, but there's no sense dealing with them until your locked in with your font.

Even if you keep the main font the same, I think the secondary wording should be in a different font (perhaps not the case if you switch fonts...you might find one that works for both). Right now that font looks extra bad that small.

Finally, while I don't mind the foot by itself, when put next to the bold lettering (perhaps this is something to consider when choosing the font) and shrunk down that much, the now thin outlines don't mesh well with the type.

I like the black and lime green as a color scheme, but I'm not sure it's the best to attract business, so I could go either way on that.

It's a solid start though.

Are you at UW-Madison?

The thing I wonder about, is when you came up with this company logo, what kind of company is it? If it's a footwear company, then your fine. If it's a design company, then you probably won't be getting certain big time clients because of the logo. Your logo says a lot about what you as a company can do and will do. That logo to me says x games and if I'm Ford or some bank, I look right past you because of the logo and the choice of colors. If I'm Vans, or Oakley, you might be right for me. I know this because I had to create a logo for a design firm, and we were told not to narrow ourselves by the logo we created. You want to have as broad of a base as possible. We were told to create a logo that said we could do cool/hip/edgey stuff along with really high class professional work. So when designing a logo, think about what the company does because that will tell you who your market is, and then create your logo accordingly using the right colors for that company.

you're choice of type again is problematic. you've chosen a very light typeface with all caps - this, to me anyway, looks weak and fragile. again, the foot doesn't flow with the rest of the mark, and feels a little claustrophobic with the heel cut off by the polygon. i don't think enclosing the foot makes sense. can you explain the significance of the foot and why you feel it's the best representation of your firm?

OD_Signature.jpg

Vestige comes from vestigium, latin for footprint, i thought footprint was appropriate for a branding co.

If you have to explain it, it's too convoluted for most people to get. Remember, most of your clients aren't as smart as you are when it comes to what you do - something you always need to keep in mind, even with your own logo.

nav-logo.png

instead of the entire foot, why not ink up your big toe, take a toeprint, clean it up a bit and use that as a logo element? that way, it ties in your chosen business name to the idea that you and your designs are unique, which I think is what your clients would like to be/feel as well.

just a thought.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

instead of the entire foot, why not ink up your big toe, take a toeprint, clean it up a bit and use that as a logo element? that way, it ties in your chosen business name to the idea that you and your designs are unique, which I think is what your clients would like to be/feel as well.

just a thought.

yeah, thats what i was thinking, or even your finger print. i think that would be cool. you may find a cool design in there somewhere as well.

Picture21.png

Archived