Colorado Rockies New Look (re done)

clutch

rockiesmaincaplogo.png

rockiesscriptnew.png

rockiesroadscript.png

rockiesnumberstyle.png

rockiesjerseys-1.png

rockiesjerseysalt.png

Ok so I posted a Colorado Rockies New Look on here a few days ago and no one said they liked it at all so I took note of most everything everyone said that could have been improved so I changed everything and I personally think this is a very good concept. I am working on the main logo now. Please let me know what you think. And none of this crap of just asking what I was thinking or saying it sucked. Give me some feedback as to what to work on instead of just breaking my work down to the ground. Thanks to everyone.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

1. Next time, use the same thread to update.

2. Tone down on the font size.

3. This is an improvement over your previous attempt. However, it still isn't an improvement over what the Rockies are already wearing because you have taken their current identity and thrown it down the drain. They have a decent logo package, and I personally am a fan of their wordmarks. You changed every wordmark, logo, and number font that they already have. The wordmark doesn't fit. They are a pretty modern team, especially since they are one of the more recent franchises to enter the league, so it seems kinda pointless to use a retro font that reminds me of the Red Sox more than anything else. The cap logo looks bad, just because it has no thought behind it. It's kinda like the Rays - just putting 2 letters together and calling it a day. I like the interlocking pattern of the current logo.

4. The uniform piping is decent. I actually like it. But, no team needs 6 uniforms. White, grey, black, and purple should suffice. I think the main problem with the uniform colors is the purple tends to get lost in the black, and vice versa, mainly on the colored jerseys.

This is an improvement over your earlier concept.

To me, it looks like this concept would have fit with Colorado if this was their setup in the 1960s...it has more of a retro feel to it especially with the wordmark. As mentioned already, they hat logo just doesn't appear that effort went into it- and there just isn't much of a visual identity to the set.

The white and grey uniforms are a step up from what you posted earlier, but yet- still lacking something...

Again, overall, it is an improvement but the one thing that bugs me most is the purple letters on black jersey. Now, I know that their batting uniform and one of their alternates in real life does something similar to this (which I also don't like) but think about the practicality of the uniform. When designing the uniform, picture that you are a fan sitting behind the left field wall and a unknown Rockie hits a double- whenever he rounds first, how well do you think you can see that purple number on the black uniform or vice versa? Not very well.

Like everyone else has said so far, it is an improvement, but You should go with a different font, and you should interlock the C and the R on the cap logo. I wouldn't completely write off this font, it would probably look good on another team, but not the Rockies. I know what it's like to have several different ideas for uniforms and you wanna put them all out there at the same time, but 6 uniforms is too much for a team, even a team that currently sport a lot of uniforms like Colorado. I would put my limit at 5, but I think most people would be happy with 4. This is just personal preference, but I like the uniform numbers on the front to be even with the chest logo up at the top if you are going to have it. Try that and see how it looks. The white on purple looks good, but for the Rockies, see how gray looks in place of white. You are getting better.

is the black outline on the wordmark/lettermark/numbers supposed to be distressed? if so, i vote a huge no to this set primarily based on the distressing of the numbers & letters...it looks sloppy and i personally don't see a need to distress numbers and letters for a mlb team

if it is indeed sloppy, may i suggest some serious cleanup is in order...and don't use your program as an excuse...i've seen (and done) some really clean work in even the most basic of programs...it takes time and attention to detail, but those are things that are free of charge

jldesigns404eo.png

Seriously man, it's just a font on a generically colored baseball jersey. You typed "Colorado Roc . . .," then picked a font, and stroked it. It's not very creative because of that. Try creating or molding a unique (and cleaner) typeface, and maybe bang out a logo too. Also, don't take offense when people tell you something sucks, because sometime (maybe not this time in particular) people physically can't critique one part. If the whole design is really bland and terrible, there's not much to comment on. It's really not personal, so don't make it be that way. Here, I think you need to treat this concept more intensely. Push yourself: make a real logo (not a pre-made font with tight kerning) and try to keep the general design and feel of the brand a little cleaner.

Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I really like the font. I like all the jerseys except the purple numbers on black ones. I agree that the hat logo is kinda weak, but it looks fine on the two-tone vest style jersey. I think a redesigned hat would make this a pretty solid concept. And by redesigned hat I mean a logo on it. And by logo I mean an image of some sort with or without writing. Preferably without. Keep playin, something will just click and then you'll know you've got it.

Archived