PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

-(dp)-

Im currently drawing up ideas.

As for the presentation, we could put a few different pieces of equipment, design a t-shirt and hat, maybe show the equipment in action, and i like SG30's idea of a magazine ad.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry for double post, but here's a rough sketch of an idea for Evan Longoria, someone I think could be very marketable.

It's quite blurry, taken with my camera phone. The big problem I see with it is it looks a lot like CP3 logo, but with EL3, there are many things that can be done (replacing the E with a 3, for example). I believe, if changed around a bit, it can be unique from CP3 logo.

0715081607.jpg

And more links, to give you an idea of some MLB guys.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi...?eref=fannation

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Some ideas I drew up:

NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

First are some evan longoria ideas I had.

The Ronaldo ones are just a C and R and a C and R with a 7 helping to form the top of the R.

I couldnt come up with anything with Rooney letter/number wise, so I had some air-jordan esque sillouhettes from pics of him, though #2 looks like the D Wade logo.

For Hester, i tried to make a clock to show the "anytime" name, but it didnt quite work, so I also went with a rough sillouhette of him running.

For AK47, i made a basic letter number thing, and tried to make a gun out of the second one, but I think marketing wise, thatd be a bad move.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Calvin Johnson

cjar7.png

I love the idea as really portraying him as "megatron", especially with the success of Transformers . I think its cool idea that would market well. I was trying to go for a logo that was reminiscent of this. Obviously this is really rough and needs quite a bit of work.

Here's a shot at trying to incorporate his number...

cj2ok6.png

Good to see everybody throwing out some ideas. I just got home from work, so I should have some ideas up a little bit later. Also, I probably won't be able to do a whole lot tomorrow or Thursday. I will be able to check in, and do a few things, but I won't have a lot of spare time.

MegatronSig2.jpg

An idea for Adrian Peterson would be to be very simple, making the logo just a clock with the hour and minute hands pointing at "2" and "8". It looks fluid, as the 2 and 8 line up perfectly in a straight line.

Even simplifying that more, it could just be the hour and minute hands, no circle around it, as it makes a perfect diagonal line.

The clock represents All Day by the way.

Edit - just a rough visual. It's much different than what many people may try to do and get just the initials and numbers in, usually by some form of negative space. This is more of a symbol.

allday.png

spacer.png

Here is a rough idea for Devin Hester. I am not sure whether or not I like it. It is a DH that form a wing, or it could be interpreted as motion lines, instead of a wing, both representing his nickname, The Windy City Flyer.

DevinHesterLogo.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Here is a rough idea for Devin Hester. I am not sure whether or not I like it. It is a DH that form a wing, or it could be interpreted as motion lines, instead of a wing, both representing his nickname, The Windy City Flyer.

DevinHesterLogo.png

dyam! I like it alot.

I got the impression of a flaming projectile.

Its cool, though. I like it.

dp, I think that's pretty good. Something about it doesn't make me fall in love with it though. With a project with so many possibilities like this, I think we need to fall in love with a logo before using it.

Just sketching on my computer basically, throwing out any idea I have. Here's one for Jose Reyes, my favorite baseball player, and a guy that is definitely an up and comer and already a star. These concepts I have are all rough, just to give the idea. Of course more things to make them flashier will be added.

The number 7 and the star help also form an "R."

reyeslogo.png

**EDIT**

And another idea. This one's my favorite, Rip Hamilton. I think it has potential, and this idea came to me as I was looking at the negative space of "R". Not sure I like the outcome, but I think if we get the letters and shapes right, it can look really really good. The space between the R and the P forms an I, so it spells out "RIP." 32 is his number, decided to just place it in there, though it should probably be removed.

riplogo.png

Another edit: I just realized if we went with Rip Hamilton, his mask would be a great symbol to use. Maybe I could fit it into that logo somewhere in negative space or something. Only problem is he's not one of the BIG names in the NBA.

spacer.png

Here you go

DevinHesterLogo3.png

And comments on some of the others:

The Adrian Peterson one is clever, but will other people recognize what it is supposed to be? It is definitely worth working on some more though.

Reyes - I think a different font for the seven, where the bar goes diagonal, then straight down, would help make the R more recognizable. Has some potential.

Rip - It is very hard to make out. Not sure if there is another way to arrange the letters where it more clearly reads 'rip', but nice observation on the negative space i inside the R.

Calvin - They don't seem to have enough to them. I have been trying to sketch something representing him in the style of the transformers logo too. I haven't done anything I liked yet.

MegatronSig2.jpg

So is there any potential in any of mine so far? Just wondering if I should pursue them and make them more fine tuned.

Another idea: Ladanian Tomlinson. The letters LT form together nicely, and I actually see somewhere where 21 can be hidden in negative space (between the L and the T a 2 can be put). Or a Jumpman type of logo silhouette could look very nice, with a picture of Tomlinson doing his signature leap over the pile at the goalline. Just an idea.

spacer.png

So is there any potential in any of mine so far? Just wondering if I should pursue them and make them more fine tuned.

Another idea: Ladanian Tomlinson. The letters LT form together nicely, and I actually see somewhere where 21 can be hidden in negative space (between the L and the T a 2 can be put). Or a Jumpman type of logo silhouette could look very nice, with a picture of Tomlinson doing his signature leap over the pile at the goalline. Just an idea.

I like the reyes idea. The other, not so much. I also like the Tomlinson ideas. Hes also a good marketable player.

I like the reyes idea. The other, not so much. I also like the Tomlinson ideas. Hes also a good marketable player.

I was shoping for cleates alomst bought a pair of his shoes and he does have his already. Its LT in a lightning bolt.

Archived