Hawaii Sea Turtles

DrJack

I did these for my buddy's fantasy basketball team. He chose the name and the colors, and I did the rest. This is my second logo and jersey design, my first being the "Vancouver Clippers" which I posted a few pages back. Overall, I think this design is much stronger.

SeaTurtles.png

I dont like the jerseys at all, I think that big curve on the side makes it look a bit twisted.

The primary and seconday logo are good, they have that Hawaii feel to them. The best of the lot is the 'emblem'. I love the 'chill out' look it has, however...lazing on a hammock hasnt really got much to do with sea turtles...?

As much as I like that logo I'd take it out of the concept altogether, it doesnt fit with the rest of the package IMO.

Pretty solid overall though, maybe just have a re-think on the uniforms...?

sigen.jpg

I agree with most of your comments, Turkleton. The 'emblem' is my favorite as well, even though I know it doesn't fit with the rest of the stuff. I did that when my friend first said that he wanted his team to be based in Hawaii, before he chose the name Sea Turtles. I chose to leave it in however just because I wanted to show it off and receive some C+C on it.

As for the jerseys, that curve is supposed to look like a surfboard, which adds to the Hawaii-ness of the concept. Maybe I missed the mark on that aspect.

I agree with most of your comments, Turkleton. The 'emblem' is my favorite as well, even though I know it doesn't fit with the rest of the stuff. I did that when my friend first said that he wanted his team to be based in Hawaii, before he chose the name Sea Turtles. I chose to leave it in however just because I wanted to show it off and receive some C+C on it.

As for the jerseys, that curve is supposed to look like a surfboard, which adds to the Hawaii-ness of the concept. Maybe I missed the mark on that aspect.

Ahhh...I see what you mean now you've said that. Again, I like that idea but probably not for a team named the Sea Turtles, and the way its been done kinda misses the mark.

With abit of playing around this could be a really nice concept. Its kinda fun too, which I like.

sigen.jpg

design is much stronger, don't like the jerseys though, go for something a little bit more conservative. On the emblem, i dont like the hammock idea, put like a ilsand type deal to give it an "island feeling." Also, try a less pale orange color.

Haha I see that, and the tops of the palm trees are like eyes. Purely coincidental, I assure you.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll play with the colors and repost these. I'll also play with the jerseys, but fashion design isn't my strong suit.

Archived