Dear ESPN

buzzcut

Explain to me how Green Bay is Titletown USA. I'm well aware of the 12 Championships. However, they have won only 3 Super Bowls (which trails the Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, and Raiders).

In other words... any championship won before the current playoff format doesn't count :rolleyes:

Besides, this whole thing is ridiculous. Not only is no one outside of Georgia is even gonna remember this a year from now, but it's completely moronic and self-indulgent for ESPN to think they have the authority to say anywhere but Green Bay is Titletown.

Well said illwauk. Speaking as someone who refused to vote in this "Contest", I have a huge beef with anyone who tries to give some other city a title that rightfully belongs to someone else.

While we're at it... let's have a contest to see where is the real Bean Town/Windy City/City of Brotherly Love/etc.

Hell... since they're stealing identities from Wisconsin, why not try to find the "real" Brew City since Milwaukee is losing Miller?

I'm not going to participate in these contests, even if someone paid me a million Euros.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way to go Valdosta!

I have a little story that involves me in Valdosta I'd tell if there weren't young folks here....

Does it involve banjos and a river rafting trip that goes bad? :D

I have gone kayaking down the exact river they shot Deliverance from.....

My story involves chivalry that turns into an offering of sex from the town hooker, in which I had no idea who she was.....

An offering? What did you do? Walk the little old lady across the street and she wanted to thank you with more than ribbon candy...all the kids love ribbon candy. :D

And if the town hooker doesn't stand out a little she is not doing it right. :P

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived