Design Advice Needed

sideshowbob

Hey everybody,

I figured the concepts thread would be the best place to put this.

Well I have been with the boards for about 4 years now and my love of drawing and designing with the computer has become stronger and stronger.

I am a senior in high school now and I really want to pursue a career as a graphic designer....

BUT...

I am a little hesitant, this is were you guys come in!

Most people on these boards are the most talented artists I have ever seen. I know some of us are professionals in this field already.

I am currently looking at Drexel University as my first choice, I love the program and opportunities they have there.

Good Choice???

I am also just curious about jobs. I dont want to get a degree and then not be able to have a job in the field. Is there a demand for designers right now?

Would it be not the hardest thing in the world to get a design job?

Also, gotta talk about that money.

Can you make a good living as a designer? Can you live off designing?

Just a few questions I thought I'd throw out there for some help.

If you guys have any thoughts at all, anyone, let me hear em. I have never seen anything like this discussed on these boards before.

A few details: At drexel I would co-op for 18 months with an actual job with a design company for work experience and I would be in an accelerated graduate degree program earning an undergrad degree and the higher level design diploma at the same time.

Thanks alot guys, cant wait to hear your thoughts!

- Austin

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

Archived