Mets blue uniform idea

goforbroke

Nothing groundbreaking... just a quick idea I had. I kept some black trim, and this can be used with the classic blue cap, but I figured I might as well add a matching cap just in case.

mets-bluewwhite.jpg

mets-bluewwhite2.jpg

the blue looks great, just make the white font and numbers and hat logo orange and the shadow white and t should be awsome.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I know that they are still quite different, but there's already a team across town that wears a blue cap with a white NY logo on it. Also, as Mr. Met has a blue cap with an orange logo on it, I think for consistency's sake, the hat should have an orange NY.

Other than that though, I quite like this set. I'd say it'd be best used on the road, much like the Houston Astros wear their reds on the road. (That's just personal bias I suppose. It's a great addition of color into the normal white v. grey look. Just don't wear them to Wrigley if Zambrano is pitching. He likes to wear blue alts I gather.) I especially like how the orange is used sparingly on the jersey, but is still present as an accent enough to be noticed.

Good job, I love the Mr. Met on the sleeve. I would prefer the wordmarks to be in Orange outlined in white instead of the opposite but overall I like these better than the black alts.

Yeah I played around with a bunch of combinations, but I think orange-on-blue has been done to death on these boards as a Mets alt jersey concept. Thats why I wanted to go in a different direction with white-on-blue. I think the reason everyone wants to try orange on blue outlined in white is because thats how the logo is! So its like an obvious choice.

As far as the hat goes, like I said this could easily be worn with the classic blue cap, I just made a matching white-on-blue cap for the heck of it.

Thanks for the positive feedback all

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

It's a great idea (the blue unis) but it doesn't look right to me (in terms of the font). Maybe switch the font outline color from black to orange and the shadow from orange to black or make the font orange, outline white, and shadow black.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived