"Change Strip" for Baseball -- Contrast Color Caps?

BallWonk

Instead of different hat colors, MLB should work on speeding up the game! Think about it. If people weren't so bored and started spacing, they might actually be able to stay awake and follow which team is at bat and which team is fielding.

(I'm a huge baseball fan and I've grown more and more bothered lately.)

Lately? Games are actually getting faster this decade since setting the all-time longest average game duration in 1998. Games were 12 minutes shorter in 2003 than 1998, and they've gotten a few minutes faster on average each year since then. Part of it is fewer home runs, but part of it is that the commissioner's office has pushed umpires to speed games. So you see umpires breaking up mound conferences a bit faster, and ejecting managers quicker, and so forth. Now, if only umpires would be instructed not to award batter timeouts unless the batter is hurt or has a visible equipment malfunction ...

20082614447.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this idea. Baseball isn't a sport where you passing to a player with the same color as you or you need to tackle a player in a different color. The two teams are never on the field so it doesn't really matter. Although it would look bad, there could be a game where both teams where the same color. I would hope you could still easily tell which team is on defense and which on offense. Besides, the greys and whites and other colors are already easy enough to tell apart.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Gothamite-

I could be wrong, but I think the current Cardinals' road has a bluish tint to it, or at least it looks like it on TV. It always stands out to me.

Don't know - we'll have to ask ColorWerx.

Compare and contrast:

Cardinals' colors

Yankees

Phillies

Brewers

and, just because they were mentioned above, the Royals.

The Cards' gray looks darker than most (as does the Brewers'), but the sample's too small for me to see a bluish tint.

Archived