Alternate Cap Colors

goforbroke

This is base off of this thread http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=60452 with the idea of teams having alternate colored caps incase two teams with the same color caps play eachother. So I made one for each team (AL done so far). This is meant to match their current uniforms and be worn either home or away depending on whats needed. I know some are unnessary because some teams already have two different colored caps, but I made one for every team just for fun. Let me know what you think....

BO.jpg

BRS.jpg

CI.jpg

CWS.jpg

DT.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Does every team's hat really need to have a different colored brim? Many hats have the same colored brim as the skull, so why not do that? Just loses it's originality after a while.

You are right, and I got a little carried away with the different colored brims, but my thinking was that since most of these colors are not the team's primary, then I should include the primary color in the brim so it matches the uniform better. Otherwise I'd have a cap that is entirely the color of just maybe the trim of a uniform

Few thoughts...

- I really like the White Sox one.

- Oakland really doesn't need an alt cap, since no other team wears green.

Ah but what if Seattle wants to wear the new green caps I just made :-)

They'd wear the blue caps because they were playing Oakland. There's no need for both teams to wear the alternate color cap.

Also, the Nats have an alternate road cap already. It's called their home cap.

That said, your Orioles, White Sox, Red Sox, and Pirates caps are pretty solid.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Few thoughts...

- I really like the White Sox one.

- Oakland really doesn't need an alt cap, since no other team wears green.

Ah but what if Seattle wants to wear the new green caps I just made :-)

They'd wear the blue caps because they were playing Oakland. There's no need for both teams to wear the alternate color cap.

Also, the Nats have an alternate road cap already. It's called their home cap.

That said, your Orioles, White Sox, Red Sox, and Pirates caps are pretty solid.

I know it was a joke. Like I said a lot of these are unnecessary because teams already have 2 different colored caps, but I made one for each team anyway for fun.

Good job on these, I'm glad to see someone attempt this set of alternate caps. Just one comment, if they are supposed to be worn at home or on the road I'm not sure gray or white really works because it's not going to look particularly good with one of the jerseys (i.e. white cap with road gray jersey or vice-versa). Thanks for attempting this, there's some pretty nice looking caps there!

mets.png

When did the Marlins have orange as a colour?

Never, really. They have had orange laces on the baseball in the primary since their inception, but other than that none. Since '04 the marketing team with the club has put orange on all kinds of promo stuff, but nothing on the official logos/uniforms. Once again I have to voice my displeasure with the use of orange and that BP cap logo. This is why I'm simultaneously excited and worried about the day they unveil the new look for the Miami change. I'm praying they don't use any orange(In fact I'm working on a new Marlins concept now to address this).

The rest of the caps are pretty good. The White Sox is my favorite of the bunch.

Archived