Obey Giants

Pinstriper

Please don't post that dirtbag's work on this website. It's bad enough I have to see those freaking Obama posters everywhere and accept the fact that he makes a (wealthy) living stealing from the public domain; I don't need to be reminded.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Please don't post that dirtbag's work on this website. It's bad enough I have to see those freaking Obama posters everywhere and accept the fact that he makes a (wealthy) living stealing from the public domain; I don't need to be reminded.

Wow, tell us how you really feel andrew!

Concept = meh, cute I guess.

Shepherd Fairey is no Andrew Harrington, that's for sure.

I don't mind the public domain thing...its just when its not obviously public domain that irks me. If you want to do something with Uncle Sam or Rosie the Rivetter...cool. Everyone knows you didn't create that out of no where and that its a parody. But when its obscure war art from 1960s Poland and you claim it as your own...that's a little shaddy.

I don't mind the public domain thing...its just when its not obviously public domain that irks me. If you want to do something with Uncle Sam or Rosie the Rivetter...cool. Everyone knows you didn't create that out of no where and that its a parody. But when its obscure war art from 1960s Poland and you claim it as your own...that's a little shaddy.

Well, right, it goes along with the ol "if its not common knowledge, then is plaigarism." rule. just like if i were to state that FDR said that " There's nothing to fear but fear itself." in a paper, then i wouldnt have to cite that in a paper, because its common knowledge.

that applies with anything popular. i dont buy obey for that very reason. i think the guy's a scumbag. i even work in a store that sells a lot of obey merchandise, and i could get a 40% discount, and i still wont buy that crap.

and the concept...well like Delayed said, its cute i guess.

Picture21.png

Archived