Hampton Roads Bullsharks

jeh-see

This is a concept I decided to put together. Let me know what you think (I lost some quality putting together on a website, since tripod only accepts images in JPG or GIF format, but I do have vector images of each of these if anyone wants to see them via email or what have you)

Bullsharks Logos, Wordmarks and Uniforms (copy and paste....i think)

Feedback and critique welcome.

Thanks

~UJ

BTW-Team colors...Midnight Green, Siesmic Silver, Bay Blue and White

I like the alternate logo, but the whole concept is a bit rough the wordmarks are kinda haggad and does not look right, and I cant tell whast going on with the jerseys.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This may seem a little harsh, because I am drunk. But I mean no offense. I aim to give you some constructive criticism to help with this concept.

First. LOVE the name. Bull Sharks are some vicous bastards.

OK, umm, graphic degredation withstanding, the gills do not curve with the contour of the body.

The tail is too big, only making it smaller will convey the perspective and size of the animal.

The triangle is a tired and lame shape to "contain" your logo. Let the drawing speak for itself.

THis is a helluva start. I like it a lot.

Hope this helps. I'll log on tomorrow and confirm/deny my post and apologize for my inibriated rant. Please excuse, one of my best friends found out he was going to be a dad today. CEL.........UH.......BRATE Good times............Uh huh.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Well done - color scheme is good, a bit light, but good logos. I think you could find a better font, good use of the color, something about it isn't right, IMO.

Good job on it! :grin:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Bear with me, I'm addressing a few negatives first, then come the positives.

The thing that gets me is the fact that the primary and secondary logos are like two primary logos for different teams called the Sharks. Some may interpret this as a good thing, but I think a good secondary logo isn't a good primary logo necessarily.

I think a good secondary logo emphasizes some aspect of the team (like initials, or in the case of a team named the sharks, the dorsal fin or some other notable feature), while a good primary logo tries to encompass all aspects of the team.

Speaking to the technical art side of things, I'd like to see more consistency of line weight in the primary logo.

On the positive side, I think you have some excellent concepts here. I like both primary logos individually. The wordmark has a few too many outlines (or in the case of the "Hampton Roads" text, outlines that overpower the text and make it less readable), but the font is cool and original. The colour use on the uniforms is well done (although I'd have to see that jersey cut in action to pass judgment on those).

All in all, you've put a lot of effort into this concept, UniformJipetto, and it shows. You have some work here that is definitely worth being proud of.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

THANKS GUYS!!!!! All the criticism is great and helpful. I agree with Sy and the others about the wordmark looking kinda "cramped," I though so when I made it. I'll clean that up and see what I can do as far as the rest of your suggestions (because that is what matters most to me since I am DESPERATELY tring to expand my Illustrator skills).

Keep the feedback coming and again, thanks for everything so far!!!!

~UJ

Archived