FIU Unveils New Football Uniforms for 2008 Season.

sacker12

I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with the uniforms they had.

They now truly look like a lower mid-major program.

Regarding FAU, as long as Coach Schnellenberger is there, their uniforms will remain classy and traditional.

923%5C362689.jpg

While we are on the topic of Sun Belt Conference teams, I just want to point out that Riddell sells mini-helmets for North Texas, Troy, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, and Western Kentucky. So that's pretty much half the conference. No FAU, no FIU, no MTSU. What gives!?!?!

SunBeltConference.png

49352627.MTSU_0447.jpg

282684133_07142d655c.jpg

RALPHNOTARO0929008.jpg

610x.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

jdrolle_2.jpeg

Eh, they're alright. I think FIU can afford to try different things and take risks because they don't have any tradition set up yet. They're still new, rarely win, and probably have not done well in merchandise sales. I say why not try different ideas out? It's when the established programs go wild that it really hits a nerve with me. Either way, FIU can do what they want but they still don't look better...or play better...than the best team in the Sun Belt Conference! :P

foot2.jpg

340x.jpg

OH MY GOD!! A Ucla-style shoulder loop that actually works the way it supposed to??!! That's crazy!! And it by Nike??? So why do they otherwise( see their work with LSU, Saracuse and the above mentioned Ucla) can't seem do the full wrap around shoulder loop to save their lives??

Thanks Nike...they went and took off the full shoulder loop on FAU right after we discussed it. Oh well. C'est la vie!

ca26e779-e394-4922-b723-0165597c181c.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It looks like the reason why the stripe doesn't go around the shoulder on the FAU jersey is because they are not using cap sleeves on the jersey worn today, while the jerseys previously pictured feature skill sleeves.

Edit: After looking at another picture from today's game, it does look like FAU switched to the lineman/cap sleeve cut jersey with the shorter sleeve. The picture of Rusty Smith on the front of the website shows him with an open sleeve that is noticably shorter than the picture of him from the New Orleans Bowl.

2241146.jpeg

Back on topic, here are some photos of the road version of the new set.

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/view.gal?id=33554

I think it looks okay from the front, but not really the back:

418-fiu9.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

861-fiu4.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

467-fiu2.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

715-fiu1.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Archived