FIU Unveils New Football Uniforms for 2008 Season.

sacker12

Another crappy uniform for a crappy lower DI one team that belongs in DI AA or DII.

That is a dumb comment. Nice job.

As for the unis, they really need to wear pads to show these off. It's hard to judge right now.

Agreed, Wilson -- on all points.

Another crappy uniform for a crappy lower DI one team that belongs in DI AA or DII.

That was indeed a dumb and uneducated assumption about the university and team.

But back on topic, isn't this the Tennessee/Arkansas/Michigan template?

a crappy lower DI one team that belongs in DI AA or DII.a

agreed. too many bad teams and conferences taking up space in d-1a. there should only be the 6 BCS conferences.

You idiots realize this is the logos / uniforms board, right???

As for the uniforms, I agree that it is very hard to judge without pads. My initial impression is that the top looks pretty good (it appears to be a unique template, right?) but the pants may have some wacky ass-stripe going on that really doesn't work.

EDIT: Upon second look, maybe there is no ass-stripe. In that case, they appear to be pretty nice.

EDIT2: You guys are still dopes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

agreed. too many bad teams and conferences taking up space in d-1a. there should only be the 6 BCS conferences.

oh so pretty much any team thats not in the high and mighty BCS is pretty much garbage? I see

spacer.png

oh so pretty much any team thats not in the high and mighty BCS is pretty much garbage? I see

no, but you can't argue when fiu has won 1 game in about 3 years.

jdrolle_2.jpeg

qbs_2.jpeg

Eh, they're alright. I think FIU can afford to try different things and take risks because they don't have any tradition set up yet. They're still new, rarely win, and probably have not done well in merchandise sales. I say why not try different ideas out? It's when the established programs go wild that it really hits a nerve with me. Either way, FIU can do what they want but they still don't look better...or play better...than the best team in the Sun Belt Conference! :P

foot2.jpg

340x.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

not necessarily. there's bad teams in BCS conferences as well.

almost half the teams go to bowl games now. it's stupid. give me the best 60 or so teams and the rest can create their own division. you don't agree that there's at least 40 worthless teams in d-1a?

jdrolle_2.jpeg

qbs_2.jpeg

Eh, they're alright. I think FIU can afford to try different things and take risks because they don't have any tradition set up yet. They're still new, rarely win, and probably have not done well in merchandise sales. I say why not try different ideas out? It's when the established programs go wild that it really hits a nerve with me. Either way, FIU can do what they want but they still don't look better...or play better...than the best team in the Sun Belt Conference! :P

foot2.jpg

340x.jpg

Agree 100%. FAU has some of the best unis in the Sun Belt and frankly in the NCAA. They also beat the 1-win Minnesota Gophers last year for the first win for a Sun-Belt team over a Big Ten team. Props to FAU they know how to get things done.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

jdrolle_2.jpeg

qbs_2.jpeg

foot2.jpg

340x.jpg

Wats up with addidas giving Michigan, Arkansas, Tennessee, and FIU all the same jersey template???

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

jdrolle_2.jpeg

qbs_2.jpeg

foot2.jpg

340x.jpg

OH MY GOD!! A Ucla-style shoulder loop that actually works the way it supposed to??!! That's crazy!! And it by Nike??? So why do they otherwise( see their work with LSU, Saracuse and the above mentioned Ucla) can't seem do the full wrap around shoulder loop to save their lives??

not necessarily. there's bad teams in BCS conferences as well.

almost half the teams go to bowl games now. it's stupid. give me the best 60 or so teams and the rest can create their own division. you don't agree that there's at least 40 worthless teams in d-1a?

Not that what I'm doing is any better, but this is a perfect example of thread :censored: ting. Maybe you should lurk more.

Also, it's not a bad update. Rather generic overall IMNSFHO, but not awful.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm gonna say FIU completely dropped the ball on this one. The previous look was miles better, having actual stripes and all. I realize that in a way it made them look like a recolored ripoff of FAU, their arch rivals, but they had something solid to work on. The road whites in particular were solid:

ap_game_punch_061016_ssv.jpg

The pic's a little old, but that was a clean look, and I don't expect that from the new set. The old homes were a bit of a stretch, with a gold-white-gold stripe that may have popped with a little navy or black to separate the light stripes.

2199178309_7429d61cb9.jpg

Maybe if they'd given the jerseys sleeve stripes like the Minnesota Vikings throwbacks, it would have been a point of difference and a solid, "traditional" look. I'm generally for modernization, but this is just adidas junk for the sake of adidas junk. FIU can take risks in design due to their "new kids on the football scene" status, but there's still no excuse for mildly Oregoning up a fairly solid design.

Plus, we have new, futuristic jerseys with a new, faux-retro-plain wordmark logo, and we give up the clean, arched-initials helmet for the plain letters and blob/stalking-cat helmet? Ick. I want to give them an F, but I'll be nice and go with a D-. Funky piping and panels, logos treated poorly...but no diamondplate, no 50,000 uni combos, and no sports bras.

Btw, as an MTSU alum (and brief broadcaster), I have to say that FAU's sets are pretty classy. A little plain for my sometimes eclectic tastes on occasion, but maybe the class of the league. Solid, traditional base. While I'm sad that Middle doesn't have its "we wanna be the Cowboys" 1980's jerseys with the wide stripes and 2-D helmet logo on the sleeves anymore, I am glad to see the Duke07/USC jerseys remain. If we'd go blue/white and white/blue, we'd be giving chase for solid SBC uni sets too.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived