St. Louis Blues new ticket promotion

STL FANATIC

St. Louis, Mo. (Sept. 25, 2008) - How much would you pay for St. Louis Blues tickets? To attend the 2008-2009 season home opener?

To watch in-person as the Blues takes on the reigning Stanley Cup Champions, the Detroit Red Wings, or their rival Chicago Blackhawks? Name your price -

and you just might get it.

The St. Louis Blues, in partnership with Ticketmaster, are introducing a new ticket pricing concept to the NHL - and the entire sports industry -

with the debut of a limited-time-only "Name Your Price" promotion. The premise is simple: tell the Blues how much you are willing to pay for a

ticket and, if the Blues consider it a reasonable offer, that is the ticket price you will pay.

"Our goal is to make Blues tickets as accessible as possible, all in the interest of creating a loud and dynamic Scottrade Center that will enhance every fan's experience while motivating our team on the ice," said Peter McLoughlin, CEO of St. Louis Blues Enterprises.

Beginning this Monday, Sept. 29, through Sunday, Oct. 5, the St. Louis Blues "Name Your Price" promotion is valid in select seating sections for full-season tickets, a premium or weekend 10-game ticket package, or any single game in October (including Opening Night on Friday, Oct. 10, when the Blues host the Nashville Predators) by logging on to

www.stlouisblues.com <http://www.stlouisblues.com/> or calling (314) 622-BLUE. The Blues will review each fan's offer and choose whether or

not to accept it, with any difference between the fan's price and the original to be covered by Ticketmaster's sponsorship of the one-of-a-kind promotion.

Current Blues season ticket holders will be allowed an advance opportunity to name their own ticket price on additional tickets for the 2008-2009 season, beginning Thursday, Sept. 25 through Sunday, Sept. 28

at 5 p.m. CT.

(endit)

This ought to be interesting. I get what they're trying to do, but I can't see this actually working very well.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This ought to be interesting. I get what they're trying to do, but I can't see this actually working very well.

The only problem I see with it is that they obviously have to set standards for "reasonable" and once that standard is found, it's just going to be like putting an equal discount on tickets.

I think it's really cool, and I applaud them for doing it, but it really just amounts to a glorified sale.

As far as fan relations go, they really are doing what they can to bring fans in/back, though they are asking/hoping for patience as we see what our young guys can do on the ice.

The next setp (which I predict will eventually happen) is for teams that have a high demand for tickets to introduce an eBay-like system. It's already happening with the way that pro teams partner with outfits like Razor Gator and Stub Hub, but eventually they'll cut out the third party and just auction directly to the fans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The next setp (which I predict will eventually happen) is for teams that have a high demand for tickets to introduce an eBay-like system. It's already happening with the way that pro teams partner with outfits like Razor Gator and Stub Hub, but eventually they'll cut out the third party and just auction directly to the fans.

What do you mean "the next step?" This started this past year (2008):

The Cubs unveiled plans for a first-time auction of season tickets to home games in conjunction with a new partnership between the team and the Chicago Board Options Exchange...

The Cubs and CBOE also will partner on a second auction including front row seating behind home plate. Starting March 14 and running throughout the regular season, the Cubs and CBOE will give fans the chance to sit in premier Wrigley Field seating on a single-game basis with the "CBOE Front Row Auction." Fans will bid through cubs.com on front-row seats located behind home plate and near the visitor's bullpen.

Moose

Archived