Hammerheads Baseball Logo

jaha32

I worked on just the hammerhead alone and made some of the changes you guys suggested and looked at real pictures of hammerheads to get it a little more accurate, not completely, but close enough for a logo. i tried to do kind of what pcgd did with his suggestion and made the top outline/gap of the tail fin thicker. added two little side fins to sharken him up. the dorsal fin is bigger and so is the eye slightly. also altered the white highlight in the tail to connect with the other. i wanted to get some of your feedback on these changes before i went ahead and placed the shark in all the logos in this set. what do you think now? is it more obvious what's going on now? or no?

HammerheadsJPG02.jpg

HammerheadsJPG02.jpg

That's a huge improvement. Still reads as an "S", but the tail is distinct enough to look more like a shark than an eel.

I still have a problem with the shark's tiny pectoral fins, though. If you're going to have him holding a bat (and I think you absolutely should), then I can't see how he's holding it. Fix that, and you've got a real winner.

Here is the logo with everything updated to what I hope is a lot better. I think connecting the white highlights on the tail helps see what the tail is doing as well as the thicker outline. I kept the crossed bat logo despite pcgd not being a fan of it because I couldnt trash the whole idea but I guess the top right could work as a primary as well. With the bottom right shark holdig the bat, I know it is not the way he would hold it (if fins could hold bats that is) but having him hold it any othe way looked weird. I think the tail looks much better when comparing to the old one thanks to your guys' help, but you can let me know either way.

HammerheadsJPG-1.jpg

Archived