marlins concept

Billsballerc

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

i tried to make a marlins head and make it look aggressive. I used some sharp angles and cuts i thought it looked alright but id like to have some input on it. let me know what you like dislike. I also made a possible secondary logo with a "marlin" dorsal phin with miami written it it to almost make it look like acscents on the phin. Let me know what you think thanks.

Billsballerc

MLynch01.pnghr1_RBI.png

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

i tried to make a marlins head and make it look aggressive. I used some sharp angles and cuts i thought it looked alright but id like to have some input on it. let me know what you like dislike. I also made a possible secondary logo with a "marlin" dorsal phin with miami written it it to almost make it look like acscents on the phin. Let me know what you think thanks.

Billsballerc

DOO DOO DOO DOOH. Can you say JAWS? :blink:

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Billsballerc

I like them, but if you look at them good enough, it looks like scenery. The top one looks like a mountain by the ocean, and the bottom looks like a stylish view of the same mountain :P .

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

lol alright.

What type of comment is that...

as for the concepts...well the are sketches so I will go easy on you. The top one has some potential...but the bottom one...what is it? Like you no it's bad when you are making a concept that is a FISH and someone calls and a MOUNTAIN and you say "lol alright"

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Behold Bronco-Fish!

I like it, actually, but the secondary is a little too abstract, and I can't think of where it would go within a baseball identity. Bronco-Fish + "Miami Marlins" below it, probably in Copperplate or something, is your main logo, sans-script it's your sleeve logo, and then you have a Marlins script, a Miami script, and an M for the hat. No room for the Miami fin. Good start, though. I'm always open to Marlins concepts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, it'd easily be the most aggressive logo in the MLB, but tht may have to do more with MLB logos being just about everything but aggressive.

Maybe it's the style of play. Maybe it's the incredibly long season. A look at the currently logos show that most are built to be... solid? Timeless?

This would make for a dynamite football logo

That said, I dig the top logo. Something seems off about the eye but it's nothing that can't be sorted out as the logo progresses. The secondary isn't a bad idea at all. However, you might want to add in another outline with the teal color (fin, teal, silver). And the fin should match the fin shape of the primary exactly to better make the connection and keep it from looking like the dark mountains of Maimi.

Thank you, for the compliments and understanding that the secondary is supposed to be the fin of the marlin and not a "mountain". I agree that it is not a professional logo but it's only in the beggining process and is what it says it is, a "sketch", i appreciate the C&C and would like it to keep coming.

MLynch01.pnghr1_RBI.png

I definitely like the first one. Think it has some potential...

The second one though, I don't really know how you would incorporate that into the uniforms. And it does look like mountains...

But I like how you made the ridges in the second one spell out "MIAMI". Very clever

thank you for noticing the "miami" in the ridges, i know it might now fit on a jersey but it thought it was a cool idea so i included it.

The secondary is a nice idea. I think it would be better if you worked in the entire body of the fish. That way you don't have to make the "Miami" more clear as it would be one of those hidden phrases you see so often in logos (see Milwaukee Brewers ball in glove logo) and it would be easier to slot into a logo set.

May be difficult but I think that would be the best way to use the Miami-fin idea.

My 2cents :)

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Archived