Nba Football X-overs

vicfurth

Big BUMP today with two new teams crossing over (pun intended) to the gridiron, the Knicks and the Wizards.

I chose not to edit the Knicks main logo because I couldn't get it to look right when I put it on the uni. I think the alt logo goes great on the helmet. I think the uni as a whole looks tremendously awesome...

On to the Wizards. I did the same striping as with the Knicks. The edit on this one was, again, pretty easy (but wait until I try to do the Magic or the Mavs), as all I had to do was take the half-moon basketball off the logo, paint over the basketball that the wizard is "conjuring up", and put a football there. I went for the colored sleeves on the away. I also couldn't find the Wizards' number font for free, so I traced them off a jersey. I think I did pretty good. This one passes the Nuggets as my fave. These look great.

Look for the Warriors and someone else next.

P.S. Thanks for all the kinds words, especially from NJ. Keep the comments coming. :D

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kid you not, the Nuggets helmet reminds me of a dream I had last night - the Broncos were playing in all navy blue with a white helmet and blue stripes. Don't quite know what to think of the fact that new uniform ideas are coming to me in my sleep now...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I'm bumping this to keep it on the front page. The Warriors' numbers are giving me a lot of trouble, so I'll do those later. Just a sneak peek of what's to come, I'm working on the Hornets now. I have an idea of how to edit the Mavs, so those might come with the Hornets. Maybe the Spurs. Who knows (well, I do, but you don't B)).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Okay, I added the Hornets today. I used the Panthers' template for this one (seeing as how they came from Charlotte). The numbers were pretty easy. Logo edit on this one was a little tricky (for me, anyway). I had to change buggy from a southpaw to a righty, but no big. I like how the logo came out. I used pics of their current jerseys to find patterns. I think this one's pretty close accept it has sleeves on it :D.

Look for the... Well, I ain't gonna tell you. It'll just hafta be a surprise.

Okay, added the Kings today. Since there isn't any team in Sacramento, and the Kings have a fairly basic template, I went with Kansas City Chiefs striping. I couldn't find the font for the numbers, but these look pretty good. I don't think the light purple translates well as a football color, but x-over is about using the said team's identity on a different sport's template (although the landslide majority already know this). The logo edit for this one was easy, especially the knight's mask.

I'm not sure which team I'll do next. Look for it, though. :grin:

Good job, but one question - why did you use the secondary Cobalt Blue as the primary color for the Nuggets, and totally eliminate their primary color - the Light Blue?

Just wondering.

BUMPity. I added the San Antonio Spurs x-over today. Yes, I know it looks Raider-ish. Yes, I know it even looks like the Raiders concept I made, but there are reasons for that...

1) Most black, silver, and white combonations will look Raider-ish to a point.

2) The striping I used on the Raiders concept was originally for this x-over. I just thought it would look cool for the Raiders, so I "borrowed" it.

There were no logo edits for this one, so it very easy, even boring to a point. I went with the spur on the helmet because I just think logos look better on helmets than primary wordmarks. Plus the wordmark and the helmet are the same color, and I'm trying to work away from the same color logos and background (shame on you, Red Wings! J/K). :P

They dont use that any more they use a plain black and silver spur, and I think the plain spur would look better on the helmet.

Although on a whole its a good concept.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Added the Seattle Sonics today too. I used the Seahawks template for the jerseys. The logo edit for this one was easy. It was a "paint over the b-ball and put a football on there" logo. I used the black to a minimum, as it made the concept look bad.

I don't know which one I'll do next. I might try to tackle one of the tougher logo edits (Mavs or Pistons, perhaps?).

Okay, added the Mavs today (no need to c/p). I tried to get the main logo to be a stallion and a football, but it looked too weird for me, so it's just a stallion and a circle. I used Patriot/Maverick style striping, but I didn't do the stripe across the backside on the pants.

Not sure who I'll do next. I might try another tough logo edit.

Yahoo, my first addition in four days. The delay was caused by a combonation of business and a bad case of designer's block. Anyhoo, on to the uni... :woot:

I added the Toronto Raptors, and I'm breaking new ground as this is my first alternate attempt. I used the raptor-biting-the-TR logo and made no attempt at trying to footballize the primary (which if I could pull off, I would consider myself pretty close to Sharkie in the field of crossover, IF being a key word). I also tried to incorporate the raptor claw into the mix, but found that it wasn't exactly a good football logo, so I did only the helmet.

Not sure exactly who I'll do next. I've been thinking of the Bucks or the Heat. I might take a break from this [for a while] to work out some bugs on my site, particularly a minor upgrade to the organization of the crossover page. I'm thinking of doing a separate page specifically for each crossover project (e.g., NBA-2-football, MLB-2-basketball; although I'm thinking of ridding myself of that project and trying to redo it later).

Archived