Nba Football X-overs

vicfurth

I remember reading in Sharkie's x-over threads that he doesn't do basketball, so I will (hope I don't get burned for this. If so, I will have NJ delete this thread, but only then). I will post them as I finish them (to keep interest). Here's my first ones, c/p all.

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Detroit Pistons

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

Minnesota Timberwolves

New Orleans Hornets

New York Knicks

Portland Trailblazers

Sacramento Kings

San Antonio Spurs

Seattle Sonics

Toronto Raptors

Utah Jazz

Washington Wizards

*Note- I made these smaller than normal, which I will prolly adjust all my other concepts to be smaller. Saves memory, therefore I do more concepts.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from a distinct lack of white outlines on the logos, not bad. A suggestion might be to carry over the proper number/letter style, rather than changing it, like with the Nuggets.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Denver is the strongest of the groud, but I must say that none of the other logos would work on a football helmet. I would say that the Bulls and Hawks would need some modifications done as for Boston I would go with just the clover. As for the rest of the uniforms, they all fit the image of the respective teams.

The Nuggets and Celtics look really good. They're two designs that transfer very nicely. Maybe it's just the size of the Bulls, but i think that there should be alittle more white in there to break up the black and red combo. Not diggin the numbering for the Hawks.

Looking forwards to the rest :D

I like the Hawks, but I never really dug the "Hawk Head" logo. I think those jerseys would look really sweet with the old-school (80's) Hawks logo... maybe on a white helmet.

Good work, overall, though. Can't wait to see the rest.

Hawks: I think the Hawk-head going along the curve of the helmet is really what made me choose it.

Celtics: I'm really happy with the way this turned out with the Jets-style template.

Bulls: I used the Bears striping for this one and I like how it turned out. I might outline the helmet logo to kinda break up all the red.

Nuggets: This is definitely my personal fave out of the first four. It's kind of a mix of my personal favorite uni of all-time (old-school Chargers) and the Denver Broncos.

What I want feedback on the most is how are the logo edits?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I like them all--and agree the logos could stand out more.

I'm not totally sold on the Nuggets--but that's actually more their fault for the logos and colours they use--not what you did with them.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I edited the Bulls and Hawks. Just outlined the red-on-red logos. I like these better. Thanks for the tips. I figured out that in most of the NBA logos, it's really hard to edit the basketballs to footballs. This project can and will take some time. I'm waiting on some arrangements with some people to get me some of the logos. Not sure which one I'll do next. Let's say the Portland Trailblazers should be up today.

I edited the Bulls and Hawks. Just outlined the red-on-red logos. I like these better. Thanks for the tips. I figured out that in most of the NBA logos, it's really hard to edit the basketballs to footballs. This project can and will take some time. I'm waiting on some arrangements with some people to get me some of the logos. Not sure which one I'll do next. Let's say the Portland Trailblazers should be up today.

you edited the celtics too.....and it looks really good!

The Hawks does look better, but the Bulls still dont look right. Maybe the logo should just be on the shoulder while just the horns are on the helmet.

Thinking about it, I don't think the bull would look good on the shoulder. I like it great the way it is. Thanks for the tips.

good job, I like these. The only problem is that you used the New York Jet template for the Boston Celtics. Not that the template doesn't work, it's just Boston and New York have long standing rivalries in every sport. Just seems odd.

Added the Pacers and the Timberwolves today. Took me a while to get the numbers for the 'Wolves because the font always was pixalated, but I found an on-line text generator where I just downloaded an image. Used Vikings' away stripes for this one.

I am happy with the way the Pacers turned out. Looks a little high school meets Packers if you ask me, but that's sorta what I was going for (it was either that or pinstripes) :puke:. Anyway, logo edit on this one was extremely easy, as all I had to do was paint over the basketball and put a football on there *yawn*. I also decided against a yellow alt.

Look for the Wizards and Knicks next.

Archived