Vote For Best Following Website.

the_cynic

Which of the following websites is the best?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering if you guys could do me a favor. Could you please look at the following websites and vote for which one you think is best. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

ADP TotalSource

A-Plus Benefits, Inc.

Cygnus Resources, Inc.

Employer Solutions Group, Inc.

Innovative Staffing, Inc.

Resource Management, Inc.

Solution Services, Inc.

TriNet

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I hate sites with Flash intros, so the only two that were appealing to me were ADP and TriNet. There were some horrible ones in that group, though. As a web designer, some were flat out appaling.

I hate sites with Flash intros, so the only two that were appealing to me were ADP and TriNet. There were some horrible ones in that group, though. As a web designer, some were flat out appaling.

What about the ones without Flash intros but Flash sites? NJTank apparently liked the RMI Flash site.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Flash is okay when there is a purpose to it (highly interactive sites or entertainment sites), but there is absolutely no reason RMI's site needed to be in Flash. The same thing could have been done with JavaScript and CSS, and would load a hell of a lot faster.

Speaking of which, TriNet uses a bit of Flash on their site, but it is better integrated and not overpowering.

Just my opinion...

So you think for a company like that to display all of that content for only 160kb is too much? I highly doubt JS would cut down on it if you wanted it to look just as good. I think RMI did it that way because they wanted all that content and a good looking site. In my opinion, if they're displaying all that animations, buttons, etc. for only 160kb, well than that's a bargain. Just my two cents too.

Keep in mind that people use Flash to display high quality content with a little bit of a kick for a lot less load time.

Retired Number's To Come

flash navigation blows. i wouldnt use it, reccomend it, or sell it to my customers. It CAN work, but overwhelmingly, it doesn't.

ADP was the only one worth a crap.

What is this for?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

flash navigation blows. i wouldnt use it, reccomend it, or sell it to my customers. It CAN work, but overwhelmingly, it doesn't.

Where's your proof to back this up? Flash works really well if you know how to use ActionScript. It's been proven time and time again. Sites don't have to be completely Flash but a lot of the navigation sometimes is Flash. The plain text side of things can be used with HTML and you can also use ASP, XML for database searching and displaying but I don't see how someone could be totally against Flash unless they just didn't know how to use it.

I work in a similar industry as these companies here and there and I'm just trying to get a feel for the industry's websites so I can develop my own.

Retired Number's To Come

So you think for a company like that to display all of that content for only 160kb is too much?  I highly doubt JS would cut down on it if you wanted it to look just as good.  I think RMI did it that way because they wanted all that content and a good looking site.  In my opinion, if they're displaying all that animations, buttons, etc. for only 160kb, well than that's a bargain.  Just my two cents too.

Keep in mind that people use Flash to display high quality content with a little bit of a kick for a lot less load time.

Why does a business like that need a flashy (pardon the pun) website. It's not needed. A simple effective website with nearly the same designs could be about 20k if done right with JS and CSS.

Now, if this was a site for a TV show or something like that, then yeah, Flash it up baby. But in this case, it looks like the developers either used Flash because a) they aren't good at HTML and know Flash better or B) they are trying to charge their client more money by using Flash when it doesn't need to be used.

Lastly, it's much harder to update a Flash site than one based around HTML.

But hey, if you like Flash, and you know Flash, go ahead and go for it. I personally dislike it, unless I'm going to a movie or TV site, something that uses the multimedia aspect of Flash well.

Do you think it's bad to have the navigational menu be in Flash? As a designer I'm just finding more and more corporate sites using Flash as their primary site. 98.5% of the internet users have Flash Players so I don't see a big problem in this. Another plus with Flash is that when it's loaded in one big file there's absolutely no more waiting.

Like I said, this is for research for a project of my own.

Retired Number's To Come

ADP & Innovative Staffing were the best ones. ADP loaded very quickly and was easy to navigate. Some of the Flash sites took forever to load their animations. Some of the HTML sites were just ugly (the last one I think).

When nicely integrated into a website, Flash can be a very powerful too, or at the least some eyecandy. But having flash just to navigate sometimes seems forced (I speak from experience, I'm sick of looking at my site with Flash, I'm just lazy). Having a Flash intro but no flash anywhere else in the site (unless you have separate html and flash versions) can make a site seem incomplete..why is there Flash in the beginning but nowhere else?

There's no set rule to how much Flash vs. html to use. Like it was said before, Flash can be a very powerful addition to a site when not used just for the sake of using it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Brother, despite your attitude, I for some reason feel compelled to help.

It really IS as simple as hrivnak said: look at your industry.. is it a surf shop, a movie company, a game company, or cartoons? No. Do you have a particlar task that cannot be accomplished using anythign but Flash? No.

Then don't use it.

Do folks have flash player? Yes. Can flash be effectively designed to not be a hinderance? Yes.

Do I trust a large number of designers to do this effectively? Absolutely not.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If you want Flash, bs, just do it. It is your site, in the end you are the one that has to be happy with it. I'm just telling you why I don't think it works on that site.

For me, it goes back to basic principals of web design. Just because I can have a flaming & rotating logo and my corporate theme playing in midi, it doesn't mean I should. Simpler is better, especially in the corporate world... in my opinion.

So now that you have looked at all the websites. Do you think it's a good idea to keep as little content as possible on the website? A lot of these companies display public forms for the clients in a client service log in center where as some others just display them on their public website, like RMI.

Retired Number's To Come

Bump

Retired Number's To Come

Archived