Arizona uniform violation?

FSUViking

Watching some of the Arizona-USC game tonight and noticed that several Arizona players were wearing BLUE and gray gloves. I thought maybe they were just two toned gray gloves, dark gray and light gray, but on instant replays, in HD, you could clearly see the same blue on the gloves as on the helmets. One variety was mostly gray, but on the tops, there were markings similar to the pants stripes of Cal and Cincinnati, and those were blue. The other kind were gray on top and half of the fingers, but the fingertips and underside of the gloves were blue.

I thought the Gestapo mandated only gray was allowed, so either Arizona might get a scolding or they are allowing some color now. Which is the right way to go if 99% of your body can match the school colors, but not your gloves. You can have red wristbands, armbands, kneebands, custom eye strips with school colors and logo, but not gloves? :blink::rolleyes:

I think Bowl Season will be a good indication on whether or not this rule is going away. That is normally when sneaker companies display new shoes/gloves to be used for the following season.

I know most people on this board hate on Oregon, but I think Black/neon green or white/neon green golves would look pretty nice.

I think Bowl Season will be a good indication on whether or not this rule is going away. That is normally when sneaker companies display new shoes/gloves to be used for the following season.

I know most people on this board hate on Oregon, but I think Black/neon green or white/neon green golves would look pretty nice.

Like the Seahawks wear...?

I was told the rule was to prevent a team from wearing gloves that were the same color as their opponent's jersey. If a team did that, they could get away with holding all day. I do know that some of the Nike gloves this year have very dark grey fingers and the palms are black. I do not know if this means the glove color restrictions are being lifted, however.

I was told the rule was to prevent a team from wearing gloves that were the same color as their opponent's jersey. If a team did that, they could get away with holding all day.

Wow. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I never saw a Florida State lineman wearing ORANGE gloves when they played Miami, to assist in getting away with holding. Or blue vs the Gators. See, that's the line of BS thinking that permeates throughout the NCAA hierarchy. I'd love to see the numbers on holding calls when they allowed colored gloves vs holding calls since they mandated gray gloves. I'm sure the difference is huge and totally validates that weak reasoning behind the decision. <_<:rolleyes:

But if you were the home team, you could wear white gloves every week.

Yeah. And...? Unless you have the ability to shimmer your hands like you're The Predator, I REEEEALLLY don't think this holds water. Unless the NCAA can show statistics that show the change made a damn bit of difference, then it's just one of many idiotic and senseless decisions made by the NCAA. Provide some proof that holding calls in 2000 with colored gloves totaled 1500....and last year, with gray, it was down to 800, because gray made it easier for the 90 year old grandpas that officiate the games, to see holding.

Archived