Bama field concept

MG helmets

I was about to say that. Boise St. was grandfathered in and no one else can have a field where the primary color is anything other than green.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Just for the record, after Boise made their field blue, the NCAA has made a rule that all fields must be green. True.
I was about to say that. Boise St. was grandfathered in and no one else can have a field where the primary color is anything other than green.

Actually that isn't true, because University of New Haven is bringing back its program and put in the blue field turf.

picture from UNH :

24241.jpg

and the article from the NCAA which proves that it isn't banned.

NCAA Article

UNH Article

So there is a unique trivia question for all of you out there :D

I don't even really like the colored fields...I just wanted to play with the idea

I was just going off topic and talking to them, I actually think it is cool. I like the Boise field, and the UNH field in person looks awesome. The more natural look is clearly a trend because we even see it on NBA courts now with little paint. No endzone coloring hardly anymore and sometimes a lot of schools don't even have endzone logos/scripts.

I don't even really like the colored fields...I just wanted to play with the idea

I was just going off topic and talking to them, I actually think it is cool. I like the Boise field, and the UNH field in person looks awesome. The more natural look is clearly a trend because we even see it on NBA courts now with little paint. No endzone coloring hardly anymore and sometimes a lot of schools don't even have endzone logos/scripts.

I don't like the colored fields, but I dislike the plain fields just as much. Notre Dame's plain field is the other side of the same coin with Boise and UNH. Every field should have some kind of identity.

it took Bama forever to get a midfield logo, when fans have been wanting it for years

team names in plain grass end zones, some kind of coloring on the 20's and a midfield logo is perfect, IMHO

• 2 weeks later...

Archived