NHL Expansion

josh_cat_eyes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can we please just end this?

Sorry I was just saying what I intended but this thread would have potential if this stopped

Thank you brother.

This is probably the first time that I have EVER seen the "veteran" members of this board act more immature then the rest of the board.

I am trying to do something here. I have submitted my proposal on page # 2 and asked if the "right person" could give me a thumbs up or down.

The spam that is coming from this thread is by all the "veteran" members whining for this to stop. OH YEAH, you guys are the same guys that tell the little guys with less than 300 posts...ish...not to post concepts cause they suck and not to post on threads such as a patsox concept for instance. Well what you guys are doing is not ANY different.

Now could the "right person" address this issue so we can go ahead, or throw it out the door!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Any word on this yet?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

this is a forum for concepts... as in logos... and uni designs... I don't see any here.

If I want to read about fantasy hockey ideas I'll go to a fantasy sports forum in the meantime would you please refrain from posting this inappropriate stuff here?!

Who died and made you Chris Creamer?

Thanks lol. Some people seem to like pretending they're all-powerful. It's very annoying.

Thanx for the compliment. I didn't know expressing an opinion made one all powerful...

Any fantasy sports nerd can come up with the same-old-same-old drivel that's been on this thread so far... I frequent this forum for the originality and the talent that people display in their CONCEPTS. Haven't seen any here yet!!! Maybe you guys don't understand what a logo or uniform concept is... maybe it's just a little too over yer heads...

Threads like this are just a fraction above spam, and they soil the forum...

You have only made 50 post, and the original poster JOSH CAT EYES has like 1,270 post so I think he knows more about what should go where...

"Original poster JOSH CAT EYES who has like 1,270 posts so he knows more about what should go where"---Join Date: September 29, 2005

"Guy who's only made 50 post"--Join Date: July 30, 2005

Had to comment, this is too fun.

Point: This is not a concept, it's an opinion. One person's opinion about what 'could' happen. Anyone can list off some random names and twist things to their point of view to make it look like their idea is workable. Tons of these have been proposed in the past, they turn into mud fights because everyone's opinions are different.

There is nothing to critique about an opinion. Concepts is to show off IMAGES. People have tried the whole text ideas thing. Didn't fly so well. An image can be evaluated against a standard.

Opinions just clash and fights break out. All I have to do is look at the title of the thread "Expansion, Proving that it's time..." That's ballsy to say you have proof that the NHL is ready for expansion. All that's been provided are opinions on how they would do it. There is no proof, just pipe dreams. The players listed as free agents would be SIGNED TO AN NHL TEAM if they actually were 'free agents'. All the players listed in the free agent pool are arbitrary.

This like making a fantasy league. It takes no skill or reasoning, you just slap stuff together because you think it's cool or a good idea at the time without any logistical thought. Then mid thread, someone throws out the idea for a contest and expects that they will just get approval for the fact it is in a post in the middle of a thread that few people are reading as is.

While the thread is a 'concept' because it is an idea of what might be, the whole point of a design concept forum is to showcase concrete designs that can be critiqued against certain established standards. Not arbitrary opinions without a measuring stick to lean against

Had to comment, this is too fun.

Point: This is not a concept, it's an opinion. One person's opinion about what 'could' happen. Anyone can list off some random names and twist things to their point of view to make it look like their idea is workable. Tons of these have been proposed in the past, they turn into mud fights because everyone's opinions are different.

There is nothing to critique about an opinion. Concepts is to show off IMAGES. People have tried the whole text ideas thing. Didn't fly so well. An image can be evaluated against a standard.

Opinions just clash and fights break out. All I have to do is look at the title of the thread "Expansion, Proving that it's time..." That's ballsy to say you have proof that the NHL is ready for expansion. All that's been provided are opinions on how they would do it. There is no proof, just pipe dreams. The players listed as free agents would be SIGNED TO AN NHL TEAM if they actually were 'free agents'. All the players listed in the free agent pool are arbitrary.

This like making a fantasy league. It takes no skill or reasoning, you just slap stuff together because you think it's cool or a good idea at the time without any logistical thought. Then mid thread, someone throws out the idea for a contest and expects that they will just get approval for the fact it is in a post in the middle of a thread that few people are reading as is.

While the thread is a 'concept' because it is an idea of what might be, the whole point of a design concept forum is to showcase concrete designs that can be critiqued against certain established standards. Not arbitrary opinions without a measuring stick to lean against

Well said. I clicked this thread looking for some concepts and all I saw was a lot of words. If you are going to make them later, than you should make this thread when you can post some actual concepts.

Archived