Player/team Longevity

zer0dotcom

With Brian Leetch being traded, another great player is leaving a team they have spent some much of their career with one team. From what I can see know, only Joe Sakic, and Steve Yzerman (edit; add Martin Brodeur) have spent their career with one team. (Sakic never was traded, or played for another franchise) In this day and age of freeagency and ballooning contracts, to see players like these two play fo one team, to show such loyalty to their team is really refreshing.

I know Leetch was traded because the team thought it would be best (right, like a 29th over all pick and two minors will help them any) and he said he would accept a trade, but would like to stay in NY

Ray Bourque left to win a Cup, which sadly he never was able to do with the Bruins.

When Mike Ritcher's number was retired by the Rangers' it brought a smile to my face (I still don't understand why they didn't sign him tow or so season's ago and activly sought another goalie, then came crawling back)

Any other players, even in other sports, athat should have stayed with their origonal teams and fulfilled their dreams?

Ed

Yeah thats one of the things taht is wrong about sports todays in years past you thought of a cratin player hand in hand witha certain team and you can hardly do that now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

just looking back, even into the 60's a team would raft a player, develope him in the farm system, and groom him in the bigs. this is how the Star players where built, but now alot of players move around so much, they don't have a chance to develop a way of playing, they learn to adjust to new playing styles intesd of developing one themselves.

I think its more a case of teams becoming impatient, wanting results and good players now, so they trade some of their prospects, who might have potential for player now.

Yeah thats one of the things taht is wrong about sports todays in years past you thought of a cratin player hand in hand witha  certain team and you can hardly do that now.

(just looking at hockey, cause well, thats what I half know somehting about ^_^ )

There was a time when you played for a team, and that was YOUR team, trades where extremely rare, which made them all that more important

though technically brett favre started his carreer as a falcon he only threw one pass, and hell never change teams. when people think of todays green bay packers they think of brett favre

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

though technically brett favre started his carreer as a falcon he only threw one pass, and hell never change teams. when people think of todays green bay packers they think of brett favre

well, actually 5 but i see that point.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

lol that is true, but one sounds better :P gets the point accross

but interesting enough he never completed a pass with atlanta

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Barry Larkin starts his eighteenth and final season with the reds this year. Eighteen years with one team for an entire career is practically unheard of anymore.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived