** Jersey Modification Question **

amare32

I bought thru MLB.com an authentic Cool Base jersey in home white, customized w/ Justin Upton's name and number. The jersey features the 10th Anniversary logo on the right sleeve. But the patch on the left sleeve is the 2007 version of the "db" logo, not the one updated for 2008.

The "db" patch is nicely stitched on w/ a precise pattern that lookls like this: /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ . It does not appear to be ironed on or affixed w/ adhesive. I'm pretty sure the patch could be removed w/o damaging the jersey.

I went to the teamshop at the ballpark to see if they could exchange the jersey or replace the logo, but they say they do not carry the Cool Base jerseys and could not help me. They did have for sale the 2008 version of the "db" logo patch, which I purchased.

Being a stickler for authenticity, I have yet to wear the jersey on account of this discrepancy. I would like to find someone who can remove the 2007 "db" patch and replace it w/ the 2008 "db" patch. I would greatly prefer if the 2008 "db" patch could be stitched onto the jersey w/ the same stitching pattern w/ which the 2007 "db" patch was applied.

Anyone know of a company that will do this job to MLB specifications? For the $200 or so I've spent already, I don't want a half-assed jersey. I want the real thing.

Your recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

Archived