1994-6 Teal Mariners Question

TwoRsAndTwoLs

I spotted this on ebay:

ebay_24Griffey.JPG

But something seems funny. I have a '94 Teal M's jersey back home, and I've seen pictures of the later iterations of it. I think the '94 jersey is the only one that had the white stroke around "Mariners," and that was also the year of the 125th Anniversary MLB Patch.

The picture here appears legit enough for me (aside from the poor job on the back; M's used nameplates at that time) except for that.

This page has photos from '95 without the white stroke, as well as other pictures, including this picture from '96, also without stroke.

1996-home-teal.jpg

This from '94 shows the stroke and MLB patch:

1994-road-teal.jpg

Does anyone have other evidence here?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I own the '95-'96 version of that teal alt, and it also lacks a white outline.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You are correct. The jersey was introduced in 1994, as shown in the first picture (although missing the MLB 125th anniversary patch on the right sleeve). The white outline was removed in 1995, and the MLB patch was replaced by a 75th anniversary Negro Leagues patch. 1996 was the last year of the jersey, and the only patch was the primary logo on the left.

The back of the jersey looked the same all 3 years, although it appears that there is no nameplate in the first picture. They did use nameplates on all Mariners jerseys back then.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

You are correct. The jersey was introduced in 1994, as shown in the first picture (although missing the MLB 125th anniversary patch on the right sleeve). The white outline was removed in 1995, and the MLB patch was replaced by a 75th anniversary Negro Leagues patch. 1996 was the last year of the jersey, and the only patch was the primary logo on the left.

The back of the jersey looked the same all 3 years, although it appears that there is no nameplate in the first picture. They did use nameplates on all Mariners jerseys back then.

So I guess the question then is what's going on with this jersey, because it's not time appropriate, but it looks like an authentic otherwise (I know Russel's replicas usually have red-and-blue R eagle instead of the navy). I'm also discounting the customization job, because they didn't get this done by a person who knows his or her stuff; no nameplate, too much space between the 2 and 4, that sort of thing.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

It's legit, just bad customization. Retail authentics weren't sold with the patches, you have to get your own. If you get it cheap, strip it and send it to EPS for proper customization.

Are you the seller? ^_^

I have a '94 Authentic I bought in Illinois in ... I think it was '97, and it had the patch.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived