NCAA 2K Sports Classic

LEWJ

So I'm watching the Michigan vs. Duke 2K Sports Classic game, and I noticed the logos on the court.

It looks to me that the State Farm logo (inside the arc, opposite the 2K logo) is at an odd angle.

It looks like when it was put onto the floor it was made so that it appeared straight on TV, compared to angled because of the court being at the angle it is from the camera.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm saying?

(Also it almost looks like it was put in digitally, which I highly doubt).

I'll try and find pics.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So I'm watching the Michigan vs. Duke 2K Sports Classic game, and I noticed the logos on the court.

It looks to me that the State Farm logo (inside the arc, opposite the 2K logo) is at an odd angle.

It looks like when it was put onto the floor it was made so that it appeared straight on TV, compared to angled because of the court being at the angle it is from the camera.

I'll try and find pics.

You are correct. They played the angle so that it would appear straight on TV. Just another reason they shouldn't let sponsors put ads on the game surface...

Here is another thread about when Ford did that with the Toronto Maple Leafs' on-ice space:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=61927

I'll try and find pics.

You are correct. They played the angle so that it would appear straight on TV. Just another reason they shouldn't let sponsors put ads on the game surface...

Here is another thread about when Ford did that with the Toronto Maple Leafs' on-ice space:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=61927

On another note, I JUST got your signature and the fact that it says Shiny Hubcaps :P

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I'll try and find pics.

Yeah, it's an odd move to pull a trick on your eyes, and draw your attention toward the logo. I've seen this done for a few years in Euro hockey and either Aussie Rules or Rugby. If you look at it from the non-standard camera angle, it's surprising how distorted it is.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived