Greenville lands AIFA franchise.

fiasco!

Not really sure what this means, other than the team will fold within three seasons, like every other franchise that's attempted to play in the Bi-Lo Center.

Professional indoor football will return to Greenville this spring.

A news conference is scheduled for this afternoon at which the American Indoor Football Association will introduce a team to be the nicknamed the Force that will begin play in March with home games at the Bi-Lo Center.

Greenville has been home to two other pro indoor football teams. The Carolina Rhinos of arenafootball2 played at the Bi-Lo Center from 2000-02, then folded after their third season. The National Indoor Football League moved a team from Memphis to Greenville in October 2003, but that team pulled up stakes in March 2004 without playing a game in Greenville.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...S/81124020/1002

I'll keep an eye out for logos and such.

I'll keep an eye out for logos and such.

May the (Greenville) Force be with you...

Sounds like a concept.

Not the best name (especially with the Georgia Force not that far down the road), but it's miles better than the Greenville Drive (pun intended, I guess).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived