Own your piece of Lions History if (when) they complete the PERFECT SEASON

scraw28

And this Lions team is not the worst team all-time.

Well, no, they are. 0-16 is worse than 0-14. Sort by wins/win%, then by style points.

Two more opportunities doesn't change much. 0% is 0%. You can correct me when the Lions hit 0-26.

There aren't 26 games in a season, though, not till Goodell finally enacts his NFL Cambodia initiative. When we talk about best teams and worst teams--and maybe I just look at it wrong--we're talking about single seasons, since while they combined to be really bad, the 1976 Buccaneers and 1977 Buccaneers are separate entities. In terms of single seasons, nobody has lost 16 games before. By my math, the 2008 Lions are the worst team in the history of the NFL.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And this Lions team is not the worst team all-time.

Well, no, they are. 0-16 is worse than 0-14. Sort by wins/win%, then by style points.

Two more opportunities doesn't change much. 0% is 0%. You can correct me when the Lions hit 0-26.

There aren't 26 games in a season, though, not till Goodell finally enacts his NFL Cambodia initiative. When we talk about best teams and worst teams--and maybe I just look at it wrong--we're talking about single seasons, since while they combined to be really bad, the 1976 Buccaneers and 1977 Buccaneers are separate entities. In terms of single seasons, nobody has lost 16 games before. By my math, the 2008 Lions are the worst team in the history of the NFL.

If you have seen those 76 Bucs, two more games wouldn't have mattered. 0 wins is 0 wins, and based on execution, the 76 Bucs are the worst team. If you want to limit your comparison of the teams to number of losses, that's your call. It just doesn't tell the whole story. If we were to follow your argument, then the 85 Bears were better than the 72 Dolphins because they managed one more regular season win.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived