Own your piece of Lions History if (when) they complete the PERFECT SEASON

scraw28

Any guesses as to whether Fox decides to prioritize that DET/GB "Epic Fail Finale" as their showcase game for the week?

If they have no games with playoff implications, I bet they'll do it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any guesses as to whether Fox decides to prioritize that DET/GB "Epic Fail Finale" as their showcase game for the week?

If they have no games with playoff implications, I bet they'll do it.

Well, let's see:

NFC East: Locked (Giants)

NFC West: Locked (Cardinals, amazingly)

NFC North: Bears won tonight, Vikings will have to beat the Cards to stay in it. I think the Bears are going to end up with the crown, though.

NFC South: This will be the clincher. Three teams (Bucs, Panthers, Falcons) have a shot, and the Saints could still get a Wild Card slot with some wins.

So, with the South looking like it does, odds aren't great that the nation will see the Good Ship Millen get torpedoed. But one can always hope...I mean, maybe the Lions will shock us all - Miami did it, right? Right?

Anyone?

Bueller?

3101813238_7d0a1c2aae_o.png

What a way to celebrate your 75th anniversary.

What's even more surprising is that they were undefeated in preseason. Was the team's star player injured or something??

No. They've just been amazingly terrible.

I guess I should've known this was gonna be a terrible season for them when Matt Ryan's first NFL pass came against the Lions. It went for a 62 yard TD.

What if an NFL team went 0-0-16? Winless, yet undefeated......

They would get the first pick in the draft right?

Another thought, suppose the NFL had a points system for standings. An 0-0-16 team would beat out an 7-9 team. Interesting.

A tie officially half a win, half a loss. So they'd get the same pick as an 8-8 team.

The Lions REALLY want that W. They pushed the Colts to their limit today. They will seriously have a shot to do it next week against the Saints.

...which will honestly be only the second time I will cheer for the Saints (first time being when they were in the NFCCG, even though I was rooting more for the NFC South than anything.), even though it will still be hilarious if the Lions pick the Saints off next week.

Its almost like they need to win next week or its going to happen, the Packers have not played well lately, but I cant see Detroit winning on the Tundra.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Lions will win a game this year, it will come either against the Saints(more likely) or the Packers. I don't want to see the Lions go 0-16, no Lions fan does.

You'd be surprised! I've heard plenty of fans talking about just going for history at this point. What does 1-15 gain them? Bragging rights?!

The Lions will win a game this year, it will come either against the Saints(more likely) or the Packers. I don't want to see the Lions go 0-16, no Lions fan does.

You'd be surprised! I've heard plenty of fans talking about just going for history at this point. What does 1-15 gain them? Bragging rights?!

Exactly. If you're going to be terrible, be historically terrible. Teams have gone winless in the NFL before.....

Hell, I was rooting for the Atlanta WNBA team to lose all their games....

Another thought, suppose the NFL had a points system for standings. An 0-0-16 team would beat out an 7-9 team. Interesting.

A tie officially half a win, half a loss. So they'd get the same pick as an 8-8 team.

Really? So a team going 0-0-16 would have a shot at the playoffs? :wacko:

They're undefeated!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yeah, I honestly think that if I were a Lions fan I'd be going for the imperfect season, if only because that means that there is absolutely nowhere but up. 1-4 wins next year would already be a VAST improvement over this year, and that would motivate the team to keep on improving, hopefully becoming a respectable football team and franchise in a full year.

I salute any Lions fan that hasn't given up on this season, because I damn sure would have thrown my hands up for 2008-09 and been looking forward to next year, because the Lions have been losing and losing magnificently.

They're undefeated!

But would they win any tie-breakers? If 0-0-16 and 8-8 are both .500, I'd think the 8-8 team would win the tie-breakers every time.

Edit: Maybe they would win a wild card if there were no other .500 teams in the conference. Every team in its division would have two ties and 0-0-16 (8/16 = .500) would be better in winning percentage than 7-7-2 (7.5/16 = .469).

They're undefeated!

But would they win any tie-breakers? If 0-0-16 and 8-8 are both .500, I'd think the 8-8 team would win the tie-breakers every time.

Edit: Maybe they would win a wild card if there were no other .500 teams in the conference. Every team in its division would have two ties and 0-0-16 (8/16 = .500) would be better in winning percentage than 7-7-2 (7.5/16 = .469).

2 ties = 1 win 1 loss. That team would also be .500

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived