Own your piece of Lions History if (when) they complete the PERFECT SEASON

scraw28

The Lions will win a game this year, it will come either against the Saints(more likely) or the Packers. I don't want to see the Lions go 0-16, no Lions fan does.

You'd be surprised! I've heard plenty of fans talking about just going for history at this point. What does 1-15 gain them? Bragging rights?!

Yeah, I honestly think that if I were a Lions fan I'd be going for the imperfect season, if only because that means that there is absolutely nowhere but up. 1-4 wins next year would already be a VAST improvement over this year, and that would motivate the team to keep on improving, hopefully becoming a respectable football team and franchise in a full year.

I salute any Lions fan that hasn't given up on this season, because I damn sure would have thrown my hands up for 2008-09 and been looking forward to next year, because the Lions have been losing and losing magnificently.

I have a few Lions-liking chums who will buy or make their own 0-16 shirts. The market is there, now the Lions need to capitalize on it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Lions will win a game this year, it will come either against the Saints(more likely) or the Packers. I don't want to see the Lions go 0-16, no Lions fan does.

You'd be surprised! I've heard plenty of fans talking about just going for history at this point. What does 1-15 gain them? Bragging rights?!

Yeah, I honestly think that if I were a Lions fan I'd be going for the imperfect season, if only because that means that there is absolutely nowhere but up. 1-4 wins next year would already be a VAST improvement over this year, and that would motivate the team to keep on improving, hopefully becoming a respectable football team and franchise in a full year.

I salute any Lions fan that hasn't given up on this season, because I damn sure would have thrown my hands up for 2008-09 and been looking forward to next year, because the Lions have been losing and losing magnificently.

As some of you guys know, I'm a die-hard Lions fan... I don't think I could ever cheer for another team over the Lions... (which really sucks when you think about it!)

With that being said, I'm going to be down at Ford Field on Sunday, cheering for my Lions to beat the Saints... It will be one of the few times that I'll be able to go to a game. Actually, it'll be the first regular season game I've been to since Barry Sanders. They'll probably lay an egg and get beat by 40, but I don't care. They are my team, and I'm going to stick this one out until they turn this thing around...

With that being said, the #1 thing the Lions need to do is to hire a solid GM... and with the Ford's track record, I am 95% sure that I'll be disappointed, but if they can somehow pull off a hiring of Scott Pioli or a Floyd Reese, the future looks pretty bright:

1. The Lions have some good young players to begin to build around. Calvin Johnson is having a monster year, Kevin Smith is showing alot of promise, Gosder limited Dwight Freeney to almost a non-factor last week, and Ernie Sims and Cliff Avril look to be promising young defensive players.

2. The Lions have quite a bit of cap space. Yes, the have a few very bad contracts, but they still have quite a bit of room to go out and pick up a few quality players.

3. The Lions will have 3 picks in the top 33, and 6 in the top 90. You could build half a defense or offense in one draft if you wanted too...

So yeah, I'm going to stick with them through this rough time... I just hope I can make it long enough to see the end of this misery...

As some of you guys know, I'm a die-hard Lions fan... I don't think I could ever cheer for another team over the Lions... (which really sucks when you think about it!)

With that being said, I'm going to be down at Ford Field on Sunday, cheering for my Lions to beat the Saints... It will be one of the few times that I'll be able to go to a game. Actually, it'll be the first regular season game I've been to since Barry Sanders. They'll probably lay an egg and get beat by 40, but I don't care. They are my team, and I'm going to stick this one out until they turn this thing around...

With that being said, the #1 thing the Lions need to do is to hire a solid GM... and with the Ford's track record, I am 95% sure that I'll be disappointed, but if they can somehow pull off a hiring of Scott Pioli or a Floyd Reese, the future looks pretty bright:

1. The Lions have some good young players to begin to build around. Calvin Johnson is having a monster year, Kevin Smith is showing alot of promise, Gosder limited Dwight Freeney to almost a non-factor last week, and Ernie Sims and Cliff Avril look to be promising young defensive players.

2. The Lions have quite a bit of cap space. Yes, the have a few very bad contracts, but they still have quite a bit of room to go out and pick up a few quality players.

3. The Lions will have 3 picks in the top 33, and 6 in the top 90. You could build half a defense or offense in one draft if you wanted too...

So yeah, I'm going to stick with them through this rough time... I just hope I can make it long enough to see the end of this misery...

Honestly, that was the exact blueprint that the Falcons used this offseason. We had good young players (White, Norwood, most of our defense), a lot of cap space to pick up a quality player or two (such as Turner), and lots of quality draft picks(which led to the Falcons having, IMO, the best draft they've had in franchise history.). The Lions definitely have ample opportunity to right the ship this offseason. They just need to do all the right things and they'll be respectable again.

Should the Lions trade down for multiple picks? Like you said, they should just try to build a team from scratch instead of trying and failing to land a franchise player.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Should the Lions trade down for multiple picks? Like you said, they should just try to build a team from scratch instead of trying and failing to land a franchise player.

It depends what the draft looks like, if its going to be a deep as some predict, then they should trade down.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I don't know how old you are, but if I could make it 35 years rooting for the Lions, you certainly can too. They are in our blood. It sucks, but there's really nothing we can do about it but cheer for them.

I don't know how old you are, but if I could make it 35 years rooting for the Lions, you certainly can too. They are in our blood. It sucks, but there's really nothing we can do about it but cheer for them.

I'm with Joel, i've been sticking with this team for 27 years. I've been with highs with Barry Sanders to the lows with Matt Millen. They're like the Cubs we'll root for them no matter how bad they are. But there is a light on the end of the tunnel no matter if they go winless or win 1 game. This team is engrained into my blood, just like the Tigers a team that lost 119 games. Either i'm just high to like these teams, or i'm just loyal. Maybe i'm just both ;). 2009 will be a great year.

Looks like we need a sig Lions Fan United(LFU)

I'm with Joel, i've been sticking with this team for 27 years. I've been with highs with Barry Sanders to the lows with Matt Millen. They're like the Cubs we'll root for them no matter how bad they are. But there is a light on the end of the tunnel no matter if they go winless or win 1 game. This team is engrained into my blood, just like the Tigers a team that lost 119 games. Either i'm just high to like these teams, or i'm just loyal. Maybe i'm just both ;). 2009 will be a great year.

I'm 19... so I have been around for about half the time Joel has been a Lions fan. I think the one of earliest memory I have as a Lions fan was the thrashing the Eagles gave us in the first round of the playoffs way back in, 96? 95? Then there are the memories of the infamous Jets game (aka, the Barry Sanders 2000 yd. game & the Reggie Brown accident) and the Edinger Field Goal...

My grandpa stills tells me stories of Lions games at Briggs Field... lol, I guess that sums up being a Lions fan right there.

I'm 19... so I have been around for about half the time Joel has been a Lions fan. I think the one of earliest memory I have as a Lions fan was the thrashing the Eagles gave us in the first round of the playoffs way back in, 96? 95? Then there are the memories of the infamous Jets game (aka, the Barry Sanders 2000 yd. game & the Reggie Brown accident) and the Edinger Field Goal...

My grandpa stills tells me stories of Lions games at Briggs Field... lol, I guess that sums up being a Lions fan right there.

It's kind of strange in my case. I've been a Lions fan living in Pennsylvania my whole life. I honestly came into this season with moderate expectations(I was hoping for 2nd in the NFC North). Clearly, I'm a bit disappointed, but you know, maybe a season this dismal is what they need. It took a winless start to get Millen and his Penn State education out of Detroit. The draft is going to be exciting this year for Lions' fans. I honestly don't know where to start as far as team needs. I don't really think of an O-lineman as a #1 overall pick, but, well, Miami did it, and they're in the playoff hunt. I've got high hopes for Stanton, honestly. However, if the Lions get a "Matt Ryan" in the draft, so to speak, I won't complain.

Well all I can say now is 0-16 bring it on. Love me some Lions, but maybe this is exactly what we needed

Incredible, you think Matt Millen will ever find another job?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well all I can say now is 0-16 bring it on. Love me some Lions, but maybe this is exactly what we needed

Incredible, you think Matt Millen will ever find another job?

not in the NFL or NCAA he won't

I really thought that the Saints, if they would win the game, would at least struggle. I was thinking that'd be what would happen since the Saints have had a terrible past against futile teams.

The Saints throttled them. The Lions will have to beat Green Bay at Lambeau for the first time since '91.

History beckons.

As a long time (since '83) Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, I can only hope that the Lions lose next week so that we can get rid of that record of the 0-14 season. Even after winning a Super Bowl, that still is ingrained into my memory of how bad the franchise was. And as a Bucs fan, I can tell you that it wasn't easy being a fan of a bad team that had "promising" drafts that ended up being duds; but the Super Bowl win was so well worth it, and it's so nice even after losing today to be frustrated over two bad weeks where could've been wins turned into losses taking the control out of the hands of them to make the playoffs. As much as I'd love to celebrate another Super Bowl win, there is still as much joy not being a 3 win team every year.

I read a lot of reports that the Lions had a great shot at winning today because the Saints were 1-6 on the road, they were out of the playoff picture, and therefore, had nothing to play for. I didn't buy it for a second, but that's what the reports were saying. :lol:

Yet, the Saints demolished the Lions by 35 points and had nearly 300 total yards in the first half. If the Lions don't go 0-16 this season, the Packers should be kicked out of the NFL. The 2008 Lions are the worst team I've ever seen in football, pro, college, even high school. Hell, maybe in all of pro sports.

The offense is garbage.

The defense is nothing but a bunch of pylons.

The coach is a stubborn, short-sighted fool who refuses to make any changes in strategy and game planning despite 15 consecutive losses.

The owner, I swear, is senile and couldn't care less about being competitive.

Oh, and by the way, Ford's bringing back Tom Lewand and Martin Mayhew. Unbelievable.

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Archived