Own your piece of Lions History if (when) they complete the PERFECT SEASON

scraw28

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did it.

I can not wait to see/hear the party that Jim Rome is throwing.

I always thought the Raiders would be the first to accomplish Romey's 0-16 Dream Season.

Congrats, Detroit! :notworthy:

I always thought it would be the Bungles, but I've been proven wrong. :D

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

They did it.

I always thought the Raiders would be the first to accomplish Romey's 0-16 Dream Season.

I seriously believe that there are only going to be two topics on the next Jim Rome Show: LOL @ COWBOYS, and Detroit Lions: 0-16 Party.

They did it.

I always thought it would be the Bungles, but I've been proven wrong. :D

Frankly, I'm amazed The Browns have avoided this for as long a they have. I am also surprised it doesn't happen more often. There have been some pretty lousy teams over the last 32 years.

BB52Big.jpg

couldn't happen to a better team.

now the question is who is worse the expansion bucs or this years lions team?

I say the '76 bucs were worse. They were shutout five times. Sure the Lions were bad, but they did not get shutout and were at least competitive in some of those games. Let's see what happens the beginning of next season. The Lions have lost 23 of 24 regular season games.

I saw, I came, I left.

couldn't happen to a better team.

now the question is who is worse the expansion bucs or this years lions team?

I say the '76 bucs were worse. They were shutout five times. Sure the Lions were bad, but they did not get shutout and were at least competitive in some of those games. Let's see what happens the beginning of next season. The Lions have lost 23 of 24 regular season games.

There is a HUGE difference between a team's 1st season, and a team's 75th season. The way the league is set up today, there is no excuse other than horrendous management.

TDZiMMB.png

Was Marinelli a bad head coach? Maybe. But between all the injuries and the crap players Millen shoved down his coaches throats, I'm not sure its possible to evaluate Marinelli fairly. Doesn't change the fact that the team needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

And this Lions team is not the worst team all-time. The 76 Bucs may have more excuses, but it doesn't change the fact they were the most inept team in the modern era.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

It's still too early to tell of the '08 Lions are worse than the '76-'77 Bucs. Yes, I put both years because you must remember after being 0-14 in '76 they started 0-12 the next year. So that Bucs team started out 0-26 (they won the final two games in '77)

So for now I say that that Bucs team is worse than this Lions team. They are the ultimate standard of fultility... for now :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And this Lions team is not the worst team all-time.

Well, no, they are. 0-16 is worse than 0-14. Sort by wins/win%, then by style points.

Two more opportunities doesn't change much. 0% is 0%. You can correct me when the Lions hit 0-26.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

And this Lions team is not the worst team all-time.

Well, no, they are. 0-16 is worse than 0-14. Sort by wins/win%, then by style points.

Two more opportunities doesn't change much. 0% is 0%. You can correct me when the Lions hit 0-26.

It's not 0-26, but going 1-23 in your last 24 games, in a parity-driven league, is rather difficult to do. That said, the '76 Bucs were worse than the '08 Lions.

I had totally forgotten that the Lions started last season 6-2.....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived