Kansas City Knights

DrJack

This here is my third basketball concept. I did it for a guy in my league who decided to "relocate" and re-name his team (now the Kansas City Knights). He chose the colors green, blue, and yellow and showed me the following two logos he wanted to use:

Primary:

KnightsLogo.jpg

Secondary:

Knights_logo_hollow2.gif

He wanted me to tweak those so that the colors were right and also to come up with some jerseys. I did a little more than recolor the logos, although the basic designs remained the same. Trust me, I'm not trying to pass the design off as my own. When you google "Knights logo" the two above pop up on the first page. That said, I'd love some criticism on my "interpretations" as well as the jerseys.

Primary:

KnightsPrimaryLogo.png Secondary: KnightsSecondary.png "Shield": KnightsShield.png

Uniforms (Away, Home, Alternate):

KnightsPlayers-2.png

The colors and font don't go with the logo. The logo is modern and should have modern colors and font go with it. The jerseys aswell a pretty should be updated a bit.

What do you mean "modern colors"? I was limited to green, blue, and yellow (as was requested), but are you suggesting I go with different shades? Like the Seahawks interpretation of green and blue? And how would I go about updating the jerseys? I just want some more detail in your suggestions, because I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

I disagree, I like the lighter colors because you don't see them often and it gives the team a unique look. I also like the uniforms, especially since your alternate is something so different in the template, yet it flows well with the whole motif. The one problem that I have is that while the Primary and Secondary logos look really good, the shield just doesn't match up. Maybe the stroke is off on it, as it looks a bit lighter than the other logos. Also, if this was a pro team, you might run into problems with West Point over the second logo.

^ I think you are right about the shield. I did that one the quickest, because I wanted something to put on the shorts on the alternate jersey, and I think the reason it looks "lighter" is the fact that it has significantly less black in in than the other logos. I'm definitely going to spend some more time tweaking that.

The colors and font don't go with the logo. The logo is modern and should have modern colors and font go with it. The jerseys aswell a pretty should be updated a bit.

What do you mean "modern colors"? I was limited to green, blue, and yellow (as was requested), but are you suggesting I go with different shades? Like the Seahawks interpretation of green and blue? And how would I go about updating the jerseys? I just want some more detail in your suggestions, because I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

You have the very sleek looking Knight logos, but your font is very retro and fit with the logos. I hope that makes sense. As for the colors, if thats what the guy you made these for wanted, well I guess you can't change it. I just think using darker colors would work much better.

Archived