Topeka Youth Hockey Association

Ez Street

I was "drafted" to help make the new logo for the Topeka Youth Hockey Association.

The logo will be used on uniforms, letterhead, and such.

The youth hockey organzation will have a new home next fall when Topeka Ice opens, providing Topekans a year round sheet of ice.

Here is what I have so far.

draft.jpg

The state capital building is the obvious choice for part of the logo. The colors are borrowed from our junior hockey team the Topeka RoadRunners.

I'm looking for ways to possibly improve on my rather bland design and would welcome any help. I'm doing this for free, but still want to give the organization a nice looking logo.

Comments?

You might want to consider (1) going with a different, 'cleaner' font choice (with the outlines the one selected seems to 'bleed together' a little too much), (2) separating the hockey player and capitol dome elements, using the player as the larger element and somehow incorporating the dome in another fashion (not really sure how you'd achieve that though).

nav-logo.png

• 2 weeks later...
Can you break the player out of the capital shape? Maybe then just give it a single thick outline color of red / player white and the dome blue?

Raise the player up a bit and put TYHA inside the dome underneath him. That would take care of the dead space and also ensure that the acronym always appears when others use it (I work for a newspaper and if space constraints came into play, I'd chop off the acronym if it appeared outside the dome).

You could still use the full wordmark on stationary and buisness cards, off to the side like you have it in your initial post. I don't think there would be anything wrong with having "TYHA" inside the dome and the full wordmark both appearing on such things because it makes clear what TYHA stands for.

Very Nice EZ -

Maybe a new ALT logo for the Washington Caps?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I was taking after the St. Louis Blues....

Yeah, I didn't really put much thought into the font. I know all you font Divas will not like that, but I didnt want to spend too much time nit-picking a font no one will pay attention to.

Plus I wanted it to be simplistic without being Arial or something.

Sorry. :cry:

Archived