Milwaukee Brewers Logo

illwauk

Here's something I originally came up with as a patch for a Brewers concept I posted last year. I noticed that what I had kinda, sorta resembled a beer label, so I played around with that til I came up with this.

C & C as usual...

brewers_bc_logo_v4.png

Too much to look good as a small sewn patch. I also don't think that things like established dates and "baseball club" belong on game jerseys, with the exception being aniversary logos.

It would make a fine t-shirt design though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Very Classy - reminds me a bit of the KC Royals versions, but is has some very unique qualities.

Excellent use of the gray - I really like this logo.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

In and of itself, I think it's really nice. Unfortunately through my biased eyes, it incorporates pretty much everything I dislike about the Brewers' identity: that awful condensed Times New Roman, the washed-out blue and gold, claiming all of Wisconsin as its territory when Cubs and Twins fans would beg to differ and 5-county park-financing taxpayers are told "it's a state team," the modern M-barley logo, and use of "Baseball Club," as if the greater Milwaukee Brewers organization also fields an indoor lacrosse team on the side from which the baseball club needs to be delineated. Within the scope of what the Brewers are doing to my chagrin, it's rockin'.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In and of itself, I think it's really nice. Unfortunately through my biased eyes, it incorporates pretty much everything I dislike about the Brewers' identity: that awful condensed Times New Roman, the washed-out blue and gold, claiming all of Wisconsin as its territory when Cubs and Twins fans would beg to differ and 5-county park-financing taxpayers are told "it's a state team," the modern M-barley logo, and use of "Baseball Club," as if the greater Milwaukee Brewers organization also fields an indoor lacrosse team on the side from which the baseball club needs to be delineated. Within the scope of what the Brewers are doing to my chagrin, it's rockin'.

I feel ya, man. FWIW, I think the Brewers identity is bland and outdated (especially now that there's no more major beer companies left in town). And I think an outline of the Milwaukee Art Museum is more appropriate than the state outline (although the Timber Rattlers affiliation makes it slightly more appropriate nowadays). Unfortunately, making those changes are beyond my current artistic ability.

The problem with the MAM is that though we, as midwesterners, get it, it hasn't any currency as a Milwaukee symbol beyond the Milwaukee/Chicago/Madison/TCs quadrangle, or as I like to call it, "The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Reference Territory." Most cities don't really have nationally viable landmarks for sports logo purposes, though. Everyone thinks their team's city does, and we think we can pick these things up because we know more about skylines and local architecture as a side effect of the logo thing, but to Joe Average, you have the SoL, Arch, Space Needle, Sears Tower, Capitol, and not a great deal else. CN Tower for the Canadians. Most Americans don't know what Toronto is, let alone where.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've heard that argument before, but I think putting it in a sports logo is one of the quickest routes towards "iconic" status. I would also argue that the art museum isn't your typical statue/skyscraper/fountain/etc that every other city has an equivalent of. There's really nothing else around that even looks like the MAM. In fact I when I had it in the backgrounds of one of my sigs, I got a lot of PM's from people wanting to know what and where that building was.

beyond the Milwaukee/Chicago/Madison/TCs quadrangle, or as I like to call it, "The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Reference Territory."

I think the technical term is "I-94 Corridor," but yours is much better :D

Archived