2012 WJHC Logo

Korbyn

Looks like random elements thrown in together. The kerning on "2021" looks horrific, and the leading of the WJHC looks laughable.

I see a knife slicing into a maple leaf, not sure if that's what its supposed to represent.

Wade-sig.png

Looks like random elements thrown in together. The kerning on "2021" looks horrific, and the leading of the WJHC looks laughable.

I see a knife slicing into a maple leaf, not sure if that's what its supposed to represent.

That is the mountains.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

That's got to be a bid logo. The IIHF requires that the image of a rink be placed in any official competition logo.

http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-iihf/cor...e-identity.html

Visit Blogging the Bracket, SBNation's Bracketology and College Hoops Rambling site and Follow me on Twitter

Reasonable minds can differ, but I'm right. - Jay Bilas

Perhaps you're looking at a logo that was in use before the IIHF's new logo system came fully into effect.

The new IIHF logo system was introduced at the 2005 World Championships in Austria, but the standard 'rink shape' event logos didn't appear officially until 2006. (The 2005 World Championships, at which the new IIHF logo system was announced, and The World Juniors in Vancouver, six months later, already had existing event logos in use.)

The 2005 World Championship Logo

IIHF-2005.jpg

The 2005 World Championship Logo used (unofficially) to demonstrate the new event logo system

IIHF-2005-Exemplar.jpg

For the hell of it, a more accurate version of the 2006 World Juniors Logo

WJC-2006.gif

That is the mountains.

No, those are the skater's angel wings.

20082614447.png

Archived