Simple Bills redesign

ryanlion13

I've seen a ton of Bills concepts on here. I'm not adept at creating a design, but I do have opinions on where a design should head. I'd love to see the current Bills set without the red stripe down the sides of the jersey. Personally, I think they are a pinch close to a great set if they just got rid of those red pannells. I like the shoulder concepts and the use of color. The striping on the pants is classic. But that red stripe is wrong. My Rams had the gold stripe down the side of our current set for the first few years and then they switch to solid blue or white. That looks much better. Striping down the side of the jersey works, rarely, if it matches with striping on the pants. If not then it looks cluttered and wasteful. I'm dying to see what the current set looks like with that simple change, anyone up to the task?

this what you wanted?

bills.png

Basically I guess. Am I nuts though? I think the uniform without that patch of red is great. I'm not sure why everyone want to redesign that uniform and not the Bengals (skin crawls).

Because this uniform set is crap. Too many colors, randomly dispersed in horrid fashion throughout the uniform. At least the Bengals' crap has some slight cohesiveness to it, aswear this... doesn't. Plus, they stick to their basic colors; black, orange and white. The Bills took their royal and red and added navy, nickel, and seemingly another shade of gray and proceeded to overcomplicate the whole mess.

they need to get rig of the blue sholders on the road because when they were playing the broncos last week i could not tell them apart basicly, both teams with blue helmets (i know their helmet is red, but the helmet stripe isd so big) and sholders, when the players are in a stance on the line you cannot tell them apart

they need to get rig of the blue sholders on the road because when they were playing the broncos last week i could not tell them apart basicly, both teams with blue helmets (i know their helmet is red, but the helmet stripe isd so big) and sholders, when the players are in a stance on the line you cannot tell them apart

I agree, when they are wearing blue pants. When they are wearing the solid whites I think it looks great and it stands out enough. Then again I'm a fan of the White Titans jersey with the baby blue shoulders when they wear the baby blue pants.

The worst "away" uniform is the Cardinals "white" jersey with red pants. The white jersey is over half red. It looks ridiculous. Then again they are among the worst uniform criminals in the league.

Those criminials are: Bengals, Vikings, Cardinals, Falcons.

These guys have colors and lines going everywhich way with no good explainable reason or definition. Stripes going down the jersey and pants that switch colors? Come on. These four teams need a LOT of work. The funny thing is that I like and respect the helmet changes the Vikes, Cards and Falcons have made. They updated the logos in ways that really worked. But they made clown suit uniforms. The Bengals have always been a mess. I'd love to see them take that stupid striped helmet and switch it to a helmet that either just used that black and orange B. And thats just for starters.

I agree, when they are wearing blue pants. When they are wearing the solid whites I think it looks great and it stands out enough. Then again I'm a fan of the White Titans jersey with the baby blue shoulders when they wear the baby blue pants.

The worst "away" uniform is the Cardinals "white" jersey with red pants. The white jersey is over half red. It looks ridiculous. Then again they are among the worst uniform criminals in the league.

These guys have colors and lines going everywhich way with no good explainable reason or definition. Stripes going down the jersey and pants that switch colors? Come on. These four teams need a LOT of work. The funny thing is that I like and respect the helmet changes the Vikes, Cards and Falcons have made. They updated the logos in ways that really worked. But they made clown suit uniforms. The Bengals have always been a mess. I'd love to see them take that stupid striped helmet and switch it to a helmet that either just used that black and orange B. And thats just for starters.

Dude, the Vikings "colors and lines going every which way" are in the shape of horns.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Dude, the Vikings "colors and lines going every which way" are in the shape of horns.

You should re-read his post. He was referring to the jerseys. He even complemented the helmets.

EDIT: Wow. I have egg on my face. I just realized that the shoulder stripes are meant to be horns. The fact that this wasn't immediately obvious to me strengthens my belief that this is a bad design.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

You should re-read his post. He was referring to the jerseys. He even complemented the helmets.

EDIT: Wow. I have egg on my face. I just realized that the shoulder stripes are meant to be horns. The fact that this wasn't immediately obvious to me strengthens my belief that this is a bad design.

So we are clear that I was talking about the jerseys? Good.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

just a fast photoshop, i dont know how to do it any better, just trying to show what i mean here

a. no red stripe on jerseys

b. better helmet stripe

bills2.png

I like both changes. I think their uniforms would work much better with these two edits as crude as they are :P

Ditto your edit. The idea on the jersey is not instantly recognizable. Why can't we just have some modern uniforms based off of 60s and early 70s design elements? More and more uniforms - college and high school - are going into this stupid technicolor dreamcoat futuristic route. It's lame. Give me a jersey with a great, clear font for the number and some stripes on the sleave. Add a logo or wordmark to the neck if you need to. But the Vikes, Arizona and Cincin are all embarassing. I pray for a Steelers/Giants Super Bowl just so we can have some great looking uniforms to watch!

just a fast photoshop, i dont know how to do it any better, just trying to show what i mean here

a. no red stripe on jerseys

b. better helmet stripe

--IMAGE REMOVED--

I like both changes. I think their uniforms would work much better with these two edits as crude as they are :P

Both of the changes are good and make the uniform better, however, I feel that they still only need to use one blue.

Archived