NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

I know that the Bruins are built to make a decent run in the playoffs as is, but something tells me they need to make a move to shake up the funk they have been in lately. Maybe a puck-moving defenseman is in order?

I also think the B's could benefit from a shakeup, but I would just die if they traded an up and comer like Kessel in order to make a push for the Cup now. I would much rather see them keep their young talent and have a chance at building a dynasty a few years from now.

Good point for sure. I feel that the Bruins have a handful of B+ players who could be A players, but in order to make a serious run this year they would need help. The question you have to ask yourself is if you can risk another offseason and another year of potential injuries.

Hello, my name is Rich and I'm a baseball-holic. And an OOTP-holic.

... and maybe even an alcoholic. Oh no.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know that the Bruins are built to make a decent run in the playoffs as is, but something tells me they need to make a move to shake up the funk they have been in lately. Maybe a puck-moving defenseman is in order?

I also think the B's could benefit from a shakeup, but I would just die if they traded an up and comer like Kessel in order to make a push for the Cup now. I would much rather see them keep their young talent and have a chance at building a dynasty a few years from now.

Good point for sure. I feel that the Bruins have a handful of B+ players who could be A players, but in order to make a serious run this year they would need help. The question you have to ask yourself is if you can risk another offseason and another year of potential injuries.

A handful of B+ players makes for a pretty damn good team, but I see your point. They may need that one player to put them over the top.

A handful of B+ players makes for a pretty damn good team, but I see your point. They may need that one player to put them over the top.

I'd love to see the current team stay together, because I would hate to see Kessel, Lucic, or Thornton traded.

Hello, my name is Rich and I'm a baseball-holic. And an OOTP-holic.

... and maybe even an alcoholic. Oh no.

Pascal Leclaire and 2nd round pick for Antoine Vermette.

Welcome to the NHL Dan Lacosta!!

But really... Vermette is worth THAT much? Feels like a rip off to me.

And Kuba at $3.75 a year? Why is Ottawa overpaying all of its players???

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

EDIT: Neon Matrix slightly beat me to it.

Muahahahahahaha!!!! I can see someone else is watching TSN!! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Kuba has signed with Ottawa for 3 years, $3.7M per year.

Connolly has signed with Buffalo for 2 years, $9M total.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Leopold back to Calgary against Lawrence Nycholat, a prospect (?) and a draft pick.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

NHL players are all overpaid in general, and Kuba would have gotten 4 million at least on the market. Just my 2 lousy cents.

Hi, how are you?

NHL players are all overpaid in general, and Kuba would have gotten 4 million at least on the market. Just my 2 lousy cents.

Aren't ALL professional athletes overpaid?

Pittsburgh gets Andy Wozniewski from St. Louis for Danny Richmond.

Buffalo acquires Mikael Tellqvist from Phoenix for a 4th rounder.

I thought Buffalo would try to get Clemmensen.

Archived