A Stupid Question

CrookedThumb

No, it's the same one, but not the EXACT Stanley Cup. It is an imitation one, because the real one is too frail to use.

BTW: Who's the cousin-in-law (sorry if I don't already know about this)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

No, it's the same one, but not the EXACT Stanley Cup. It is an imitation one, because the real one is too frail to use.

BTW: Who's the cousin-in-law (sorry if I don't already know about this)

My cousin-in-law is former Pittsburgh Penguin (as well as Bruin, King, Ranger, and Flyer), Kevin Stevens.

The original cup (and the rings from it) are in the Hockey Hall of Fame iin Toronto, behind glass, within an old bank vault (which is open so you can go in and see them).

There are two current identical Cups. They're both considered authentic, one is known as the "presentation" cup, which is the one presented on-ice, etc. That is usually the one that has more errors in the names, if I remember the guy at the HHoF correctly--they hurry to get the names on that so the team can start spending its time with the Cup. After that one is done, the engravers can go over the list again, and take their time doing it right.

A smaller replica of the Cup is also given to the winning team each year to keep.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ahh yes like the immortal New York Ilanders some of the errors are quite funny. Imagine you strive all your life to get your name on the cup and its spelt wrong lo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived