New NHL Fonts Now Available!

eriqjaffe

Wow, the 7 is off. I guess there was an error in the official file. I will try to see if I can get that corrected.

How do I get your gig AsM? Official fonts from the NHL, logo sheets from the MLB and MiLB...

You are a god... and a saint. Thanx for your hard work :D

These look great, but the kerning seems awfully odd in Photoshop. Anyone else notice this? I had to take it down to -200 for it to look right.

EDIT: Word, too.

Yes, the kerning is out of whack. I no longer have my old Win98 system, and Fontographer just crashes on XP. I'm making these using FontForge, which crashes when I try to kern pairs. Whee!

For those that want to fix this problem on their computer, in either Illustrator or Photoshop, put the cursor between the two letters/numbers, hold down the option key and use the left or right arrow keys to kern manually. If on a mac use the command key to do the same.

The AVS really need to go back to those old sweaters.

They can't.

They could if they wanted to. The RBK "it doesn't fit the template" excuse has been since debunked.

Where did you hear this?

It's been debunked over and over, even by RBK themselves. Multiple times, multiple articles. Like two years ago. They backed off their "it had to change" statement to say they meant that this was a "good opportunity for change." Owners said they felt mislead, but none of them have changed back. Yet.

Yeah I don't understand really why this rumor has persisted for so long, you can basically do anything you want to an EDGE jersey.

The problem is that there is too much space surrounding the letters. The original NHL fonts had no space around the letters and numbers, giving you the opportunity to space them out when needed. Good to see it looks like it is getting fixed B)

• 8 months later...

I finished a set of updated NHL fonts for y'all. Here's a few samples:

ottawa.png

nyroutline.png

colorado.png

The link is in my sig - at the moment, they're hosted directly on the Geocities site, so if there are bandwidth problems, try again later.

Some of these will duplicate the existing NHL fonts, so just go ahead and use whichever you want. On the whole, the new ones are considerably cleaner, so I'd recommend using those where they overlap.

Thanks to AsM2931 for providing sources.

Enjoy!

I think the site is down is there a different way to get these fonts? thanks

Archived