Minor League Concept

ebonin

Destin, Florida is one of my favorite vacation spots. I've always thought it would be cool if there was a baseball team based there. So that's where this idea came from. I figured that the Marlins would be the most logical team for them to be affiliated with, so I called them the Destin Marlins. Their look is very similar to the big-league team, I just changed up the logos and road script to represent the city.

destinmarlinsofficialse.png

Tell me what you think. Is it too similar to the Florida Marlins? Should I add more teal?

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

First of all I want to say, yes this is way too close to the Florida Marlins but there are only so many things you can do for a team called the Marlins. Second, I've noticed a couple mistakes. The home jersey is pinstriped on the front and not on the back. I'm not sure if its supposed to be like that but I sure hope not. Also the "D" in the Destin wordmark is way off. The placing looks really weird. Overall I say about a B-. Keep working and fix those things and this will be a solid concept.

g4104.png

First of all I want to say, yes this is way too close to the Florida Marlins but there are only so many things you can do for a team called the Marlins. Second, I've noticed a couple mistakes. The home jersey is pinstriped on the front and not on the back. I'm not sure if its supposed to be like that but I sure hope not. Also the "D" in the Destin wordmark is way off. The placing looks really weird. Overall I say about a B-. Keep working and fix those things and this will be a solid concept.

Wow I can't believe I didn't notice the lack of pinstriping on the back.

I think I'm going to update it to try to incorperate more teal and less black, and try to give it a more minor-league feel.

Thanks for the comments.

***UPDATE***

I added more teal as well as orange. I feel these colors symbolize more of a "fun in the sun" minor-league feel. Other new elements are orange outlines on the logos and stirrups.

destinmarlinsofficialseh.png

It's much better now that you've added a lot of colour to it- the orange and teal look good together.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

That is because he said that this would be an affiliate of the Marlins. There are lots of minor league teams that look very similar to their parent club.

As for the concepts the pinstripes on the sleeve should go the same way the sleeve does not up and down on the whole jersey. This is a nice looking concept and I like the use of orange.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The "D" in "Destin" on the road jersey really needs to be straightened out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived