White Sox Concept

ebonin

Thanks for the comments guys.

I found this website that has a lot of different caps, and I saw a few that looked insipring. In particular this one...

Green Cap

Probably because I grew up in Colorado Springs, but a silver/white logo that says "Sox" on a green hat means Colorado Springs Sky Sox to me. Granted, the Sky Sox were the AAA affiliate of the White Sox for a while, and granted they have now gone back to red, white, and blue, but...I dunno. A little too close for me.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Don't let anyone tell you the socks have to be white. I am a die-hard White Sox fan and trust me: that the Sox' socks are not white is a non-issue.

Other than that, it's refreshing to see a White Sox comment that actually gets outside the box a little bit, good job.

That said, red and blue is a no-no in this city. The rivalry with the Lovable LOSERS is too intense to mess with. Creating a similarity in color scheme would take away an element of it.

I like the idea of bringin back the red white and black color scheme, or the st. patty's day green element. Still, nice job so far.

I love this for one reason...

I'm a sign maker for a Miller distributor and they are official sponsors of the White Sox. I am a die hard Cub fan with a natural hatred for the Southside club. I make it my responsibility to design every White Sox sign that goes out of here with royal blue and red. It's my manifesto.

You should be fired!! Just kiddin but seriously while I admire your work can't agree with colors.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Don't let anyone tell you the socks have to be white. I am a die-hard White Sox fan and trust me: that the Sox' socks are not white is a non-issue.

They should be white, though.

It is, of course, worth noting that the White Sox safely wore blue and/or red for about 30 years, but this was before their rivalry with the Cubs (and more specifically their fans) escalated into a monster that dwarfs all their rivalries with American League teams. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, hell if I know.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like the flying sock logo on the black and grey cap, but the colours are pretty dull.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm not really very fond of the White Sox boring black, white, and silver, so I decided to go back to their blue and red scheme. I also used their more classic-looking SOX logo and script.

whitesoxlogoset.png

C + C is encouraged. I hope you like it.

It's not bad by any means, but there are two major problems with it....

1) The White Sox have had so many conflicting colour schemes and graphic identities that it's nice to see them finally find one that really works for them. The black, silver, and white finally seems "right" for the team after all those years. Even more so because they've won a WS using that uniform.

2) Red, white, and royal blue isn't a good look for the Sox. It's to Cubs-like. If you're going to go with a red, white, and blue theme I would suggest navy, not royal. Though if the Sox are going to use any other scheme besides black, silver, and white I vote in favour of green and white.

Alright, I'm bringing this back.

I really liked the logo the Sox used from 1976-1990, so I wanted to kind of update that look. I don't know, I still don't know if it's quite modern enough.

chicagowhitesoxconcept.png

I also really liked that flying sock logo that dgthree posted (thanks btw), so I tried to recreate that logo, with a jersey concept. I also gave the concept white socks.

flyingsock.png

flyingsock2.png

C + C appreciated. I'm also hoping to get a green concept done soon.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Archived